Applied for State Information Commissioner

  • Amitabh Thakur
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23 5:17 AM
      Applied for State Information Commissioner

      In UP the post of State Information Commissioner has been advertised for the first time, as possible in the entire Nation. Today I also applied for the post of State Information Commissioner as advertised by the Administrative Reforms Department, Uttar Pradesh on 14 August 2013.

      As an RTI activist, I really welcome this move as a welcome change that applications are being invited for these posts so as to have a transparent system of appointment. I also request the deserving and interested friends to apply in large numbers to make the appointment process truly competitive and worthy.

      As a person working for transparency and accountability in governance, I strongly feel that
      all such posts shall have open and transparent way of appointment where posts are advertised and applications invited.

      If such a thing starts happening, many unworthy appointments at many important, crucial and coveted posts will not be made and the credential of those offices will increase manifold.

      Amitabh Thakur
      Lucknow
      # 094155-34526