Copy of JTSA's "Beyond Reasonable Doubt? The Conviction of Shahzad Ahmad"

  • Mansi Sharma
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 12:54 AM
    Please find attached a copy of our detailed critique of the recent verdict by the Saket sessions court in the case of State vs Shahzad, popularly called the Batla House 'encounter' trial. The judgement is based on conjectures and assumptions, shifting the burden of proof from the prosecution to the accused, inverting established legal principles, whilst putting judicial seal on communal biases of the investigative agencies.
    This was released today at a press conference in Delhi.
    Regards,
    Manisha (on behalf of JTSA)