Urgent Alert on Our Safety

  • S. P. Udayakumar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
      The Struggle Committee
      People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE)
      Idinthakarai & P. O. 627 104

      April 15, 2013
      11:30 PM

      Urgent Alert on Our Physical Safety!

      Several men and women who were sleeping in the struggle pandal around the Lourdes’ Church, Idinthakarai, reported with great concern and panic that they noticed four masked men with sharp weapons loitering around at 11:45 pm on April 14, 2013. As we are trying to ascertain the details and enquiring about the identity and background of these men, we hear about a heavy drinking party going on right now in the outskirts of Idinthakarai with the blessings and financing of some notorious local body leaders and local police officers. There seems to be a serious and deadly plan to incite violence at Idinthakarai and foil our struggle as we are digging up major corruption and substandard equipment scandals at the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP).

      It is pertinent to note here that we published four sets of documents on Zio-Podolsk, the discredited Russian company that has supplied substandard equipment and parts to the KKNPP, and publicized Adv. M. Radhakrishnan’s press release on Adv. Pugazhendi’s petition to the CBI about the irregularities in the supply of equipment and parts to the KKNPP.

      Given the seriousness of the situation, we are planning to convene the Village Committee and the entire Idinthakarai community tomorrow (April 16, 2013) for a thorough appraisal of the situation and to enhance physical safety of our struggling people and the struggle committee members.

      Please keep an eye on us here at Idinthakarai! Thank you!!