Re: [Arkitect India] Fwd: Wave towards English medium continues

  • Pankaj Jain
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2013
      Dear Shaheen,

      I had forwarded one note concerning Mr. N. Modi, by Madhu Kishwar, which has not been circulated. Given that so many writings critical of him find place on your forum, I thought it only proper that alternate well researched view too gets a place.

      Is there an editorial policy to deny space to writing that are supportive of Mr. Modi.

      Pankaj

      From: niranjan Aradhya <aradhyaniranjan@...>
      Date: 8 July 2013 11:28
      Subject: Wave towards English medium continues
      To: niranjan Aradhya <aradhyaniranjan@...>

      Dear All,

      The growth of English medium schools is a serious issue in the state of Karnataka.

      Now, the issue of language policy which was pending before the Honorable Supreme Court since 1994 has been transferred to Constitutional bench.
      The Court has framed the following questions for consideration by the Constitution Bench in its judgment dated 5th July, 2013 in State of Karnataka v. The Associated Management of (Govt. Recognized unaided English medium) Primary and Secondary Schools:

      (i)   What does Mother tongue mean? If it referred to as the language in   which the child is comfortable with, then who will decide the same?
      (ii)  Whether a student or a parent or a citizen has a right to choose a medium of instruction at primary stage?
      (iii)  Does the imposition of mother tongue in any way affects the fundamental rights under Article 14, 19, 29 and 30 of the Constitution?
      (iv) Whether the Government recognized schools are inclusive of both government-aided schools and private & unaided schools?
      (v) Whether the State can by virtue of Article 350-A of the Constitution compel the linguistic minorities to choose their mother tongue only as medium of instruction in primary schools?

      I personally feel, it is good if many organizations implead in the case before the Constitutional Bench to resolve the long pending.

      Regards,
      Niranjan

      Inline image 1

      --
      Dr. Shaheen Ansari
      Arkitect India

    • Mohammad Imran
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2013
        Parents have a right to enroll their children in any school irrespective of the language for teaching used in that school. On the other hand the state should use mother tongue as the basis of teaching children in public schools. If public schools are competitive they will attract students.

        On Jul 8, 2013, at 2:50 AM, Shaheen Ansari wrote:

        FYI

[...]

        <2013 07 07 ToI - Wave towards English Medium Continues.jpg>

        --
        Dr. Shaheen Ansari
        Arkitect India
        1067-F, Near Dargah Sharif,  Ward No. 7
        Mehrauli, New Delhi- 110030

      • George Abraham
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2013

          I personally believe that learning the mother tongue is important but our children must study in English. English is the Global language and opens up opportunities. We are global citizens and as individuals must have the ability to be mobile and must have choices that provides us with opportujities any where in the World.

          Having said this learning and developing language skills in the mother tongue must be made mandatory.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2013
            Dear friends

            1.  dear friend we never need to learn mother tongue. we adopt it with development.
            2. we need not learn any language . we automatically adopt when we come in cultural environment of that language.
            3. fact is that learning language is just wasting energy..
            4. I don’t know definition of mother tongue as per SC judgment. But I want to share few interesting thing.
            5. The division of language which we see at academic and system level that is not at ground level.
            6. Child learns all languages equally which prevail in his/her environment. Child gets difficulty with languages which not prevail in his or her environment.
            7. As per my Research experiment I found mother tong is nothing but languages(not a language) which prevail in cultural environment .
            8. But,but,but,… A hindu in the same environment declared his language as hindi
            9. so declaration of mother tongue and mother tongue is two different thing.
            10. By the way who says that english is Global language. I ask the same question to German. Japaneses, French Embassy.. they laugh on it..

            Dr. Niranjan, & Dr. V N Sharma jee. tell me the way I can intervene on the issue.

            Can I directly write a latter .. plz guide

            with regard

            Ashwini
            9210473599

            George Abraham george@... via yahoogroups.com
            8:08 AM (13 hours ago)
            to arkitectindia

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12, 2013
              http://mohallalive.com/2012/11/22/firaq-gorakhpuri-talking-about-literature/

              भाषा को समझनें के लिए फिराक साहब को सुने
              यदि कोई साथी इस वीडियों को डाउनलोड कर सके तो कृपया डाउनलोड कर लिंक मुझे भी भेजे

              अश्विनी

              On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Ashwini Singh <ashwini.economics@...> wrote:
              My reply on .....
              "(ii)  Whether a student or a parent or a citizen has a right to choose a medium of instruction at primary stage?
              (iii)  Does the imposition of mother tongue in any way affects the fundamental rights under Article 14, 19, 29 and 30 of the Constitution?
              (iv) Whether the Government recognized schools are inclusive of both government-aided schools and private & unaided schools?
              (v) Whether the State can by virtue of Article 350-A of the Constitution compel the linguistic minorities to choose their mother tongue only as medium of instruction in primary schools?"
              Ans (ii) choice depend on pocket. choice is done for pocket. if we free the parents they choose language according to their pocket not child's environment.
              (iii) All must follows mother tongue as medium of instruction.
              (v)"linguistic minorities"???????????

              with regard
              Ashwini
              Ans (iii) medium choice is against fundamental right of equity , equal opportunity, exploitation and other.