letter to the pm

  • p singh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2013

    Dated : 1 June 2013

    Honourable Man Mohan Singh
    Prime Minister of India

    Most Respected Sir

    We write this letter to draw your kind attention to the four years under graduate programme
    (FYUP) being introduced by the Delhi University from this academic session. The four year
    degree programme changes the existing 10+2+3 structure adopted nationally. We have followed
    the debate over this contentious issue in the media. Several educationists and intellectuals
    all over the country have expressed their apprehensions about the merit of this decision. We
    too believe that such a basic change in the higher education system/policy should first be
    considered and examined by the MHRD and the Parliament in consultation with prominent
    educationists of India. The Delhi University does not exist in isolation. If this change is so
    valuable it should be implemented on national level and there should be a national debate
    about its merit. Delhi University can wait for a couple of years in the best interest of the
    students all over India.
    We further request you that the impact on the minorities/SC/ST/OBC and financially weaker
    sections must be taken into consideration before such a plan is implemented. The financial
    burden of paying for a year more is a major concern for many families who send their wards to
    DU. In view of the serious apprehensions voiced by so many educationists, social workers and
    teachers, we plead to intervene and prevent its implementation immediately.

    Thanking you.

    Sincerely

    Justice Rajindar Sachar
    Kuldip Nayar
    Bhai Vaidya
    Sandeep Pandey
    Ravi Kiran Jain
    Anil Nauriya

    Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here