AiNNI - HRDA- Protest statement expressing disagreement with NHRC members selection 2013 - TIME EXTENDED FOR YOUR ENDORSEMENT

  • Henri Tiphagne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 6:59 AM

    Dear Colleagues and friends of HRDA and AiNNI,

    Greetings !!

    The deadline for receiving your endorsements to this Protest Statement on the recent selection of Members to the NHRC has now been extended to 12 Noon on Monday 8th April 2013. By 12 Noon.

    In view of the same, can you kindly do ensure that this protest Statement is widely distributed by you and the endorsements received from you mention clearly your name, your designation, name of the organization, and your email id and mobile Number as well. You may send it to Mr. Vikash of WGHR to his email id:  vikash@..., as well as to me to : henri@...,

    Kindly do not forget that it is up to us to protest and ensure that there is a process of transparency that exists in the selection and appointment of Members to the NHRC while respecting the principle of pluralism and diversity in the composition and adequate representation to civil society.

    Thanking you,

    Yours sincerely,

    Henri Tiphagne

    Henri Tiphagne02

    Dear Members and supporters of Human Rights Defenders Alert – India and AiNNI,

    Greetings from AiNNI and  Human Rights Defenders Alert-India!

    We are sending you enclosed the Protest Statement (annexure) expressing disagreement with the recent selections of two new members to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) namely - Shri S.C.Sinha (IPS – NIA Chief) and Justice Cyriac Joseph (former Judge of Supreme Court of India)

    HRDA will appreciate if you could endorse it by 6.00 pm today Saturday 6 April 2013 and inform me by email.

    I would also appreciate if you could kindly forward the statement and the annexure to your individual or collective wider network for more support and ask them to send their endorsements to me also so that I could in turn pass them on this evening to the WGHR which is actually collecting all the endorsements.

    With kind regards, best wishes and solidarity,

    Henri Tiphagne

    Honorary National Working Secretary

    Human Rights Defenders’ Alert – India

    All India Network of Individual and NGOs working with National / State Human Rights Institutions [ AiNNI]

    Henri Tiphagne02