Making a valuable contribution to a pious cause

  • Amitabh Thakur
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 3:47 AM
      Friends,

      I would like to share a good news that my wife Nutan gave me today after she came back from the Hon'ble Allahabad High Court.

      She had  filed a PIL regarding non-formation of UP Child Commission under the Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005.  Section 17 of this Act says that each state shall constitute a State Commission for Protection of Child Rights. In addition section 44 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 says that control over child sexual abuse and use of children in pornography shall be monitored by the State Child Commission.

      Many States have already formed the State Child Commission but it has not been done in UP so far. Hence Nutan sought immediate formation of the UP Child Commission

      To this, the Hon'ble Allahabad High Court, Lucknow Bench summoned the Principal Secretary, Social Welfare of the State Government who  made an assurance before the Hon'ble Court that the State Government will form the Child Commission within one month. The Hon'ble Court also directed the State government to place the Draft Rules framed in this regards before it, directing this State official to be present on the next date of hearing on 22 April to present the progress report.

      This certainly is a very good news for a very genuine cause, that of betterment of children. I do find it very heartening that my wife acted as a catalyst for this pious cause.

      This also shows that each of us can contribute very positively to society in case we decide and make efforts to do so.

      Amitabh Thakur
      Lucknow
      # 094155-34526
    • Farrukh Rahman Khan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 11:12 PM
        This is indeed a great news that's long overdue for  the millions of children in the State. The initiative & efforts by Dr. Nutan Thakur are highly appreciated and admired.

        Warm wishes

        Farrukh Rahman Khan
        Programme Coordinator
        Oxfam India
        1 Dalibagh, Butler Road,
        Lucknow - 226 001, Uttar Pradesh.
        Phone: +91-522-4172000 Ext.108, Mobile: +91-9935387786
        You can follow us on:
        Oxfamindia.org| Facebook| Twitter

        Demanding Rights for All
        Oxfam India, a member of the International Confederation Oxfam, is registered as a Company under Section 25 of the Indian Company Law

        From:        Amitabh Thakur <amitabhth@...>
        To:        Amitabh Thakur <amitabhthakurlko@...>, Amitabh Thakur <amitabhth@...>, Nutan thakur <nutanthakurlko@...>,
        Date:        02-04-2013 19:27
        Subject:        [Arkitect India] Making a valuable contribution to a pious cause

[...]