Pallavi and Gunjan's conern

  • ashakonkan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2003
      Hi
      Welcome to the world of arkitects. Though I am not authorised to do
      this but I hope Dr. Ansari will not mind it. Anyway we are here for
      the same cause- to bring some change in the life of neglected and
      deprived people.

      Yes, the issue raised by Pallavi is quite relevant. The problem
      is not prevalent in India only but across the world. The child
      labours have been exploited every where- on the street, in a
      hotel/dhaba, in the house. Any plae you name,you will find a child
      labour in India.

      Pallavi,
      you have not mentioned about the place. Which part of India do you
      belong? Where did you see this incidence? You should write the place
      as well so that we can think about a possible solution. May be some
      organisation is already working there. We have to inform them. Rest
      they will take care.

      What can we do?
      One thing is clear that we can not stop child labour as there is no
      alternative either with ARK or the Government of India. Every child
      support few members of his/her family. Stopping them to work means we
      are denying meals or medicines to few people. No parents like to see
      their child work. They send their children to work because of two
      reasons- ignorane and poverty. We can remove the first cause but what
      about the second one ie poverty. ARK can not remve poverty. We have
      to find out some rational solution.
      We have to think on how we can minimise their suffering and
      exploitation by their employers.
      We have to work on sensitisation of the issue.
      What is the view of other arkitets?

      With best wishes
      Asha
    • Mohan Mishra
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2003

        Thanks for writing.

        yes I agree that  child labour is a serious problem in our society. It is very dificult to come out with an instant solution but i have some which we can discuss.

        There is no dearth of foodgrains in India but still a large number of people sleep without having evening meals.

        Why?

        Because we, the human kind, have nature of hoarding things as it will be used in the next life- life after death. We need to sensitise people against hoarding.

        Last year people died of hunger and the government godown was full with grain. The government failed to distribute it properly. what i wants to emphasise is that we need to understand the problems arise because irrational hording.

        I also agree with Gunjan's suggestion but for that we must know the place.

        Mohan