Re: [Arkitect India] Passport Seva Kendras totally insensitive!

  • Sugata Roy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013

      Dear George

      I also had similar experience. The online services is totally managed by touts. If we approach a tout we get appointment immediately but if we try on our own then we need to be very very lucky to get an appointment. Next hurdle is the people sitting in the first counter. These are the deadlogs of TCS. We can also call them bunch of idiot technical coolies with no common sense. They derive pleasure in harrasing people. The website says that at least one residential proof is required, while these coolies will insist for two or more. Same case on TATKAL documents. I wonder wheter the Regional Passport Officer is aware of the shoddy job done by the front office and the nexus of touts who fix the online appointment.

      Thanks

      Inactive hide details for "George Abraham" ---20-03-2013 09:03:53---Hi,"George Abraham" ---20-03-2013 09:03:53---Hi,

      "George Abraham" <george@...>

      <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>

      20-03-13 09:03

      [Arkitect India] Passport Seva Kendras totally insensitive!

      Sent by:

      arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com

      Hi,

      Computers, Tata Consultancy Services, online submissions of forms etc sounds fabulous. Those who manage get through the process are fortunate. They I believe are a very small minority.

      Online submission is great for those who have access to computers . My wife had submitted an application on the 16th of February, 2013. The next step was to get an appointment with the PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). We had login at 6 p.m. and solve a captcha and then click for a date and time. Even before one can look for a convenient date, the window closes and appointments for the day are over.

      We have been faithfully trying to get an appointment since the 16th of Feb. Finally my wife decided to apply for a Tatkal Passport. We were thrilled when we got an appointment for the 18th March morning. As per the India Passport website my wife organised all the documents needed and visited the PSK only to be told that there was a problem with the verification certificate and what was the problem, the stamp of the signing officer was not partly on her photograph. Next, came big news where was the bank statement for the past year? My wife protested and said that this was not mentioned on the India Passport website and pat came the answer, the website is not up to date.

      Now the website also states that a Tatkal applicant can either take a verification certificated from a Civil Servant or carry 3 of 16 documents listed on their website. When my wife produced her Driving licens, Voter ID and PAN card again, the response was that this does not work any more.

      In other words, what is provided on the Passport website cannot be relied upon. Thousands of people visit the Passport Kendras on a daily basis and have to go back again simply because the website was not updated or some rubber stamp was put slightly off the mark.

      While this modern facility is great for a lucky few, thousands spend a whole lot of time

      1. Trying to get an appointment

      2. Repeatedly trying to go back with appropriate documents

      Why won’t people of the country want to use touts to get their work done? The sad thing is as a citizen, there is no where to turn for help.

      Dreaming for a modern and progressive India

      George