Invitation for the Seminar -“Dara Shukoh: C ontext of History, Context of the Present” (22—24 March 2013)

  • Ather Farouqui
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013

    Dear Friends,

    Greetings from Anjuman Taraqqi Urdu (Hind), New Delhi!

    We are proud to present the international seminar “Dara Shukoh: Context of History, Context of the Present” (22—24 March 2013) to be held at Urdu Ghar, New Delhi. Following the best traditions of Urdu, I am writing this personal note to you; also enclosed is a detailed programme of the seminar. This event will be attended by diverse audience—litterateurs, academics, performing artistes, students. Irfan Habib will deliver the key-note address while Shamsur Rahman Faruqi will preside over the inaugural session on 22 March 2013 at 11 am at Urdu Ghar; Ishrat Alam and Naimur Rahman Farooqi will be the guests of honour at that session. Gopalkrishan Gandhi will deliver the valedictory address on 24 March at 6 pm. I request you to actively participate and contribute to informed discussions on the papers presented.

    Please confirm your participation preferably by email (gen.secretary@..., farouqui@...) and spread the word about this historic seminar, which unlike routine events, is a labour of love.

    Warm regards,

    Ather Farouqui

    -- Regards,
    Ather Farouqui
    General Secretary
    Anjuman Taraqqi Urdu Hind,Urdu Ghar, Urdu Ghar Marg,
    Rouse Avenue
    New Delhi-11002.
    Contact (Ofc): +9111-2323 7210
    (Fax): +9111-2323 6299