Petition demanding Maverick Holdings to cancel agreement for a commercial complex in EWS Ejipura in Bangalore

  • Karthik Ranganathan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      Folks,

      Some of you might already be familiar with the brutal demolition of over 1500 houses in EWS Ejipura. Kaveri and I, along with many others in Bangalore have been volunteering at the site, providing relief and helping people rehabilitate. But this is not enough, as a mall is now going to come up in land rightfully theirs. We have drafted a petition demanding Maverick Holdings to cancel this unfair agreement.

      You can see my videos taken on Jan 19th (2nd day of demolition) here - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWagunDHwgbPlTxF_c6Stsz8UicX1Aj4x&feature=view_all

      More than 6000 people were thrown out of their homes in EWS quarters, Ejipura, Bangalore between 18th and 21st January, 2013. Many residents have been living there for more than 25 years. But in a matter of a few days, there was nothing left as their houses were forcefully demolished to make way for a public private partnership that aims at constructing a shopping mall and a housing complex.

      Kindly consider signing it and also pass the word around.

      Thanks,
      Karthik

      --
      Karthik