National Consultation and planning meeting “jaago re haq maango re” 23rd Feb

  • Faisal Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      Dear Friend

      On 19th December, the Minority Rights Day, we launched a national campaign, “jaago re haq maango re” (awake and ask for rights) from Aligarh Muslim University. During the course of this campaign, we felt the need for greater awareness and better co-ordination among the people and the organizations working for the betterment of the minorities specially Muslims  across the length and breadth of our country. The need for more activists, and greater participation of the minorities in the societal affairs was also realized.

      In the ultimate, at the larger level, we get the society that we deserve. We, the Indian people, cannot expect that any Authority or organization will take care of the interests of the people. To ensure fairness in the functioning of the society and its advancement along the desirable path, we need to be active in various organizations at several levels – from local to national.

      Without mass awakening and its effective channelization, no society can become just and equitable. In addition to being an integral part of other societal organizations, positive and progressive community organizations also need to be developed for mobilization of the larger number of people. A collective leadership and well-coordinated activities at the national level are likely to yield better results of our efforts.

      With the foregoing in view, those involved in the national campaign, “jaago re haq maango re”, took a decision to organize a 2 days’ national meet; where around 200 people working on various social issues related specially with Muslims  are likely to gather and discuss the present scenario and future strategies. In order to formulate the tentative agenda for this national meet and evaluation of Jaago re haq maango re , around 50 people across the country  will assemble on February 23, 2013, at New Delhi.

      You are requested to join this forerunner to the national meet and help evolve the agenda. Given the unsatisfactory state of affairs of our country, we all are called upon to be more active to help build a healthy society, which is free from all kinds of injustice and exploitation.

      Venue :   5th Floor  Society for promotion of Wastelands Development

                    14 A Vishnu Digamber Marg

                     New Delhi 110002

      Time : 23rd feb ,10.30am to 5.00pm

      contact:Arish,9555999150,Tabish,9871700595,Ehtisham,9891010736,Vivek,7838044275

    • vipin tripathi
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2013
        Dear Faisal,
        I was scheduled to travel to Assam on March 2 for 6 days. However, for the last 5 days I am having severe cough, hence will not go. You had indicated of some meeting, let me know, I may join.

        Best regards
        Vipin