Re: USE OF CHILDREN IN ADULTS STRIKE IS VIOLATION OF CHILD RIGHTS & CRIMINAL OFFENCE

  • Sadanand Patwardhan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26 7:17 PM
      Would you say the same thing to participation of children in the resistance to forcible acquisition of land for POSCO company by Odisha government?

      Sadanand
      --- In arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com, Pradipta Nayak <pradiptahre@...> wrote:

      > USE OF CHILDREN IN ADULTS STRIKE IS
      > VIOLATION OF CHILD RIGHTS & CRIMINAL OFFENCE

      > Using Children for the interests of the
      > adult is a very bad precedence and complete violation of Child Human Rights and
      > contradictory to the Indian Constitution and different Child protection laws.
      > As per media report and photographs and video the school students were involved
      > in teachers demonstration in front of Odisha Assembly on 22.2.2013 to achieve
      > the demands of Teachers.
      >
      >  In
      > view of the Child Rights Laws of this Nation & United Nations Convention on
      > Protection of Child Rights such activity by the adult is misrule, use of adult
      > chauvinism upon children and autocracy over children. This activities of adult
      > teachers can be treated as criminal offence. In this kind of action right of
      > children for education, right to protection and child psychology  have affected and violated. Simultaneously,
      > the State Government is the greatest violator of Child Rights. The government
      > could not able to provide complete, full time and qualified teachers those who
      > can impart quality education to the children till date. It is violation of
      > Right of Children for Free & Compulsory Education Act 2009.
      >

      > Teachers struggle is justified which I have
      > no objection. But to achieve those demands of Adult why innocent children shall
      > be used ? while no direct relation of children with those demands of teachers.
      >

      > I hope the Government will take appropriate
      > action about to stop this care less practice of using Children for the demands
      > of adults and take all necessary steps to provide full time teachers with
      > appropriate salary.
      >
      > PRADIPTA NAYAK
      > Human Rights Educator &
      >
      > State Convenor of Child Rights Watch &State Coordinator of IHRE , OdishaBhubaneswar09437053329

    • Kavita Ratna
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26 11:19 PM
        Dear Friends,

        Irrespective of the cause and its legitimacy,  'use of children' - is a violation of their rights and the violation of the true spirit of Right to Self-determination upheld both by the Human Rights Convention and The Convention on the Rights of the Child.

        Kavita Ratna

        The Concerned for Working Children (CWC)
        303/2, L.B. Shastri Nagar,
        Vimanapura Post,
        Bangalore - 560 017
        # 91 - 80 - 25234611/25234270

        --

        Kavita Ratna

        The Concerned for Working Children (CWC)
        303/2, L.B. Shastri Nagar,
        Vimanapura Post,
        Bangalore - 560 017
        # 91 - 80 - 25234611/25234270

        Children are citizens today!
      • Pradipta Nayak
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26 11:29 PM
          Thanks ! Yes , this is what our law. In POSCO case , Government is the violator because it is question of Right to life and livelihood is in threat.

          Regards
          Pradipta

          Would you say the same thing to participation of children in the resistance to forcible acquisition of land for POSCO company by Odisha government?

          Sadanand
          --- In arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com, Pradipta Nayak wrote:

          > USE OF CHILDREN IN ADULTS STRIKE IS
          > VIOLATION OF CHILD RIGHTS & CRIMINAL OFFENCE

          > Using Children for the interests of the
          > adult is a very bad precedence and complete violation of Child Human Rights and
          > contradictory to the Indian Constitution and different Child protection laws.
          > As per media report and photographs and video the school students were involved
          > in teachers demonstration in front of Odisha Assembly on 22.2.2013 to achieve
          > the demands of Teachers.
          >
          >  In
          > view of the Child Rights Laws of this Nation & United Nations Convention on
          > Protection of Child Rights such activity by the adult is misrule, use of adult
          > chauvinism upon children and autocracy over children. This activities of adult
          > teachers can be treated as criminal offence. In this kind of action right of
          > children for education, right to protection and child psychology  have affected and violated. Simultaneously,
          > the State Government is the greatest violator of Child Rights. The government
          > could not able to provide complete, full time and qualified teachers those who
          > can impart quality education to the children till date. It is violation of
          > Right of Children for Free & Compulsory Education Act 2009.
          >

          > Teachers struggle is justified which I have
          > no objection. But to achieve those demands of Adult why innocent children shall
          > be used ? while no direct relation of children with those demands of teachers.
          >

          > I hope the Government will take appropriate
          > action about to stop this care less practice of using Children for the demands
          > of adults and take all necessary steps to provide full time teachers with
          > appropriate salary.
          >
          > PRADIPTA NAYAK
          > Human Rights Educator &
          >
          > State Convenor of Child Rights Watch &State Coordinator of IHRE , OdishaBhubaneswar09437053329

        • Arun Kumar
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 26 11:52 PM
            One needs to know, in any event, if children are 'used' . It is not the issue that decides whether their involvement is appropriate or not. What matters is to ensure that they understand the issue well and participate willingly.

            If we are concerned about the rights of children, the first thing we ought to do is to stop infantalizing them straight away. This
            children are innocent bit is quite tiring. They can understand issues of teachers or land grab, if adults do their duty well to increase children's participation.
            Arun Kumar

            On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Sadanand Patwardhan <2Sadanand@...> wrote:

            Would you say the same thing to participation of children in the resistance to forcible acquisition of land for POSCO company by Odisha government?

            Sadanand
            --- In arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com, Pradipta Nayak wrote:

            > USE OF CHILDREN IN ADULTS STRIKE IS
            > VIOLATION OF CHILD RIGHTS & CRIMINAL OFFENCE

            > Using Children for the interests of the
            > adult is a very bad precedence and complete violation of Child Human Rights and
            > contradictory to the Indian Constitution and different Child protection laws.
            > As per media report and photographs and video the school students were involved
            > in teachers demonstration in front of Odisha Assembly on 22.2.2013 to achieve
            > the demands of Teachers.
            >
            >  In
            > view of the Child Rights Laws of this Nation & United Nations Convention on
            > Protection of Child Rights such activity by the adult is misrule, use of adult
            > chauvinism upon children and autocracy over children. This activities of adult
            > teachers can be treated as criminal offence. In this kind of action right of
            > children for education, right to protection and child psychology  have affected and violated. Simultaneously,
            > the State Government is the greatest violator of Child Rights. The government
            > could not able to provide complete, full time and qualified teachers those who
            > can impart quality education to the children till date. It is violation of
            > Right of Children for Free & Compulsory Education Act 2009.
            >

            > Teachers struggle is justified which I have
            > no objection. But to achieve those demands of Adult why innocent children shall
            > be used ? while no direct relation of children with those demands of teachers.
            >

            > I hope the Government will take appropriate
            > action about to stop this care less practice of using Children for the demands
            > of adults and take all necessary steps to provide full time teachers with
            > appropriate salary.
            >
            > PRADIPTA NAYAK
            > Human Rights Educator &
            >
            > State Convenor of Child Rights Watch &State Coordinator of IHRE , OdishaBhubaneswar09437053329

            --
            And may you be blessed with the foolishness to think that you can make a difference in the world, so that you will do things which others tell you cannot be done!
          • rajagopalan ss
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 26 11:53 PM
              If the teachers' struggle is justified, why did not Pradipta Nayak join thm in getting justice from the Government? Children support teachers not out of any compulsion but because of their personal interest for only a satisfied teacher will be able to function better.
              ssr

              To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
              From: 2Sadanand@...
              Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 03:17:32 +0000

              Would you say the same thing to participation of children in the resistance to forcible acquisition of land for POSCO company by Odisha government?

              Sadanand
              --- In arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com, Pradipta Nayak wrote:

              > USE OF CHILDREN IN ADULTS STRIKE IS
              > VIOLATION OF CHILD RIGHTS & CRIMINAL OFFENCE

              > Using Children for the interests of the
              > adult is a very bad precedence and complete violation of Child Human Rights and
              > contradictory to the Indian Constitution and different Child protection laws.
              > As per media report and photographs and video the school students were involved
              > in teachers demonstration in front of Odisha Assembly on 22.2.2013 to achieve
              > the demands of Teachers.
              >
              >  In
              > view of the Child Rights Laws of this Nation & United Nations Convention on
              > Protection of Child Rights such activity by the adult is misrule, use of adult
              > chauvinism upon children and autocracy over children. This activities of adult
              > teachers can be treated as criminal offence. In this kind of action right of
              > children for education, right to protection and child psychology  have affected and violated. Simultaneously,
              > the State Government is the greatest violator of Child Rights. The government
              > could not able to provide complete, full time and qualified teachers those who
              > can impart quality education to the children till date. It is violation of
              > Right of Children for Free & Compulsory Education Act 2009.
              >

              > Teachers struggle is justified which I have
              > no objection. But to achieve those demands of Adult why innocent children shall
              > be used ? while no direct relation of children with those demands of teachers.
              >

              > I hope the Government will take appropriate
              > action about to stop this care less practice of using Children for the demands
              > of adults and take all necessary steps to provide full time teachers with
              > appropriate salary.
              >
              > PRADIPTA NAYAK
              > Human Rights Educator &
              >
              > State Convenor of Child Rights Watch &State Coordinator of IHRE , OdishaBhubaneswar09437053329

            • Sankara Narayanan
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 27 6:52 AM
                Mohandas Gandhi did this crime in 1942. Prahalad did this crime even before Gandhiji.

                These kids deserve bravery awards. This is the real meaning of education.

                I am proud of these children.

                Sankara Narayanan