RE: [Arkitect India] Vishwaroopam: Reinforcing Global Communal Stereotypes, Namaz, Bombs & justification for the US Empire By Feroze Mithiborwala [1 Attachment]

  • Shruti Joshi
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
      Thanx, Mr. Mithiborwala, for this analytical write-up.

      Just one (irritating) detail - every time you have written America/ns you are actually refering to USA, hence, it would be respectful to other nations on the continents of Americas to refer to USA as USA and not America!

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
        I had similar reactions after seeing the uncut Hindi version in Vadodara. I realised half way into the movie that the so called fringe Muslim grps of TN had more than a point. It essentialises Muslims, terrorists, and Islam. And gays in the first ten minutes. The movie is an insult to the intelligence of the viewer. I wondered if a film was made on the so called Hindu terrorists and they were shown spouting some sacred mystical Vedic chants or verses from the Gita before every killing of the 'enemy', what would be the reaction of my predominantly fellow Gujarati, presumably Hindu upper class, viewers in the Cinemax. By the end of the movie me and my wife were numbed at the banality of the movie. Here is a talented actor who refuses to grow up. I had similar reactions to his Dashavataram. What a waste of Rs 95 crores! (Chinu) Srinivasan
        Sent from my BlackBerry

        From: Teesta Setalvad <teestateesta@...>
        Sender: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:50:08 +0530
        To: <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Arkitect India] Vishwaroopam: Reinforcing Global Communal Stereotypes, Namaz, Bombs & justification for the US Empire By Feroze Mithiborwala

        Excellent piece Feroze

        [Attachment(s) from Feroze Mithiborwala included below]

        --
        Feroze Mithiborwala

        --
        Feroze Mithiborwala

        --
        Feroze Mithiborwala

        --
        Feroze Mithiborwala

        --
        Teesta Setalvad
        'Nirant', Juhu Tara Road,

        http://teestasetalvad.blogspot.com/

        www.cjponline.org
        www.gujarat-riots.com
        www.sabrang.com

      • Feroze Mithiborwala
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
          Thank You Teesta,

          We need to talk to Kamal Haasan, Rahul Bose, Shekhar Kapoor, Javed Akhtar, before we head for Vishwaroopam II. I did speak to Mahesh Bhatt & he did hear me out. Rahul Bose stands with the film & disagrees with me entirely, he says.

          I also did speak to Javed Akhtar briefly & he now Mahesh Bhatt have seen the film.

          Admiral Ramdas & Lalita ji are in agreement & like the idea of a public debate amongst the secular camp.

          Can we all work on this together?

          Kindly let us know.

          . . . . we also need a statement in support of the all-Girl Band - Pragaash, against the Mufti's fatwa.& am working on it with friends in Delhi.

          aapka bhai
          feroze

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
            Right on Shruti - i agree with you entirely. Its the USA, that i will write from hereon.

            Thanks for this.

            regards
            feroze

          • Sadanand Patwardhan
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
              An excellent observation that is often observed in breach. The US
              establishment would like everyone to believe including their citizenry
              that America means US and US means America. Quite a few US citizens
              would tell you quite innocently that they are Americans, completely
              unmindful of the fact that their are other nations in the Western
              Hemisphere.

              A related mistake most of us make is in stating that US did this and US
              did that; when it is the US Administration [we call it government] and
              US establishment that is calling the shots; many times even against the
              wishes of their citizens. Though it is cumbersome to talk of US
              Administration every time, it is worth the trouble because it then helps
              us to remain focused on who the real culprit is.

              Many references Feroze has come up with in his article including to 9/11
              are thanks to White Anglo Saxon [women and men], or even Jew
              investigators, thinkers, writers, and journalists. If the super power is
              to be defeated, then it would be done only in cooperation with its
              citizenry. Therefore, that little trouble taken in identifying US
              Administration as the real culprit, and not America but USA as the
              country, is well worth every keyboard hit.

              Sadanand