Testing Children

  • Vinod Raina
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
    You may wish to read.

  • Pankaj Jain
    Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2013
      Vinod is absolutely right in pointing out that testing does not, by itself, lead to improvements in children's learning, but (i) testing does not come in the way of taking actions to improve the education system, DIETS, SCERTs etc. (ii) testing can be used to find areas that require attention, like teacher's knowledge of decimals in the instance cited by Vinod, and (iii) holding all functionaries of the education system accountable.

      By all means, we should support the measures to strengthen various core elements of education system, but why should one oppose testing, which alone can tell if our efforts are succeeding or not.

      Pankaj