Re: [Arkitect India] Group on fighting crimes against women and children - Pls join freinds

  • naaz khair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2012
      Narayan-ji,

      The Muslims have also moved on, in Gujarat, where a genocide took place against them. Since Independence, Muslims have suffered major communal riots (Assam/Neli, Bhagalpur, Meerut, Ahmedabad and Mumbai, to mention a few). After every ghastly riot they have moved on.

      As with the Sikhs, the demand for justice/punishment to the culprits will always remain.

      There is all round condemnation of Hitler till date. But in India, Modi is an obsession with the people and the media and they have made him Man of the Year and desperately want him to become the PM of the Country soon!

      Junned,

      Thank you for drawing the attention of the people on the issues that you have raised.

      Best regards,

      Naaz

      On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM, junnedkhan <junned1098@...> wrote:

      How do you bring crimes against women and children down in a city like Delhi? There are Laws. But more than the Laws there are so many policies and procedures that are just there in the files. Even the implementors of the Law dont know about these. For example, baring a handful of NGOs, who knows about RCIC and other such initiatives that were started and are gathering dust now? Does anyone know the procedure to be followed in case one finds an abandonned girl child on the street. Despite so many community policing initiatives and the section 32 of JJACT, how many citizens are aware about girls living a life of neglect on the streets and where they can belong to. Are we bother whether Police respond to the complaints filed by the poor persons; homeless, slum dewellers, etc. During the Commonwealth games when we all were tipsy-turvy with fake pride of games, how many of these homeless and domestic maids were thrown out of Delhi by the Police. And then to talk about the trafficked women and children! Think about this tagline dailogue by Akshay Kumar in the film Tees Maar Khan; "Tawaaif ki lutli izzat bachana, or tees maark khan ko pakarna namumkin Hai". I mean, third class, pathetic, Akhshay Kumar and the writer of this dialogue should be hanged before anybody else. This fool does not know that women and children who are serving as CSE are the most vulnerable in this country and 99% chances they are trafficked. Then to talk about the Street kids. Even the boys are not safe. Some years back a few kids living at Traffick Park in CP reported harassment and abuse by none other than the Policemen from the Parliament Street Police Station. In 2002, then Principal Secretary of Delhi, Neeru Nanda had issued guidelines for the night stay homes of Delhi Government putting in place that no girl child below the age of 18 should be subjected to Medico-Legal Examination if she needs shelter during the night. That order is eating dust in some corner of the Delhi Secretariat and girls as young as 8-9 year olds are being subjected to MLCs, as they are called. I would like to mention that during this examination, doctors have to insert their fingers inside the patient. Subjected to such an examination, aren’t we subjecting the girl to another round of sexual trauma. And mind you, this examination is being conducted on every abandoned girl, even if she doesn’t report to a sexual assault of any kind and is simply orphan, lost, or abandoned by the family. Friends there is no end to trauma and risks involved in being a girl in a city like Delhi. Through this forum, I wish that we will all share whatever we can do to bring some respite to the young girls of our city.

      Regards.

      Junned