Reply: [Arkitect India] Youth Information from ICYO

  • Dr Kaushala Prasad Mishra
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2012
      Indian Committee of Youth Organizations (ICYO),

      Thanks for your mail. I must say I do not fall in youth category but I am all for youth. I have founded a YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CENTER which is yet not registered.

      I must say I am impressed with your activities of development of youths.
      I would be too happy to associate or contribute in the planned activities because I strongly believe involving youths in developmental work is central to national awakenning, sensitization to political issues including role of youths in politics and, of course, in economic growth.

      Prof KP Mishra
      Vice Chancellor
      Nehru Gram Bharati University
      Allahabad 211002
      Mob. +91-9838737787/9320466999
      Blog: drkpmishra.blogspot.in
      Website: www.ngbu.edu.in

      On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 05:56:36 +0530 wrote

      ICYO
      Youth
      Information Newsletter
      Indian
      Committee of Youth Organizations

      Platform
      of 441 Youth Organizations in India
      India�s
      largest network of urban and rural youth
      'Volunteer
      for a Better India' a volunteering
      initiative
      Lunched
      �Give
      one hour to the nation. The country has problems because good people are
      apathetic. Youth must take charge and Volunteer for Better India,� appealed Sri
      Sri Ravi Shankar, spiritual leader, humanitarian and founder of The
      Art of Living, while launching of �Volunteer for a Better India
      (VFABI)�.
      On
      5th December 2012, a curtain-raiser event in Delhi attended by
      representatives of United Nations agencies, corporate sector, and
      representatives of Civil Societies including ICYO. ICYO is partner of the
      campaign.
      VFABI
      aims to bring youth together to address the critical issues affecting India like
      HIV and AIDS, the declining child sex ratio, sexual and reproductive health and
      rights, various issues affecting youth, environmental sustainability, drug and
      substance abuse, inequality in education and entrepreneurial opportunities,
      corruption and child protection issues.
      Ms.
      Cristina Albertin, Representative for the United
      Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), delivered the opening address in
      tribute to the International Anti Corruption Day and the importance of youth
      involvement in fighting corruption.
      Ms.
      Meijer, UNFPA
      Ms.
      Frederika Meijer,
      Representative, India and Bhutan, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), said,
      �Today we stand at the cross roads of time. The global challenges of the 21st
      century as well as those confronting India are unprecedented - both in magnitude
      and complexity. Our choices today will determine the contours of tomorrow. This
      freedom of choice lends itself to a certain responsibility. �Volunteer for a
      better India� is a clear call to action to create a world where choices are not
      marred by compulsion; volunteerism not subsumed by apathy; and where the
      potential of every young person stands not thwarted but
      fulfilled.�
      Mr.
      Minar Pimple, Millennium Campaign (MDGs)
      Mr.
      Minar Pimple, Regional
      Director, Millennium Campaign, UNDP Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific
      reminded that we are not to think about the post MDGs
      but work to achieve the MDGs in targeted time as still
      have three years to work.
      Youth
      Employability Skill Project Youth Ministry not recognized by Planning
      Ministry
      The
      Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Jitendra Singh has said that
      his Ministry is not among the 17 Ministries/Departments identified/recognized for Skill Development by the Planning
      Commission.
      However,
      the Ministry through its youth based flagship organization Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) in
      2011-12 has initiated a Pilot project namely Youth Employability Skill (YES)
      Project with the objective to enhance the employability of youth by running a
      variety of employable skill training courses through recognized Vocational
      Training Providers (VTPs) for rural youth and youth
      club members in the States of North Eastern Region and Jammu & Kashmir.

      In a written reply in the Lok Sabha on December 4, 2012 Minister said, the skill training
      is being provided in insurgency dominated areas by the National Skill
      Development Corporation (NSDC) through its partner
      agencies.

      At present there is no proposal under consideration to expand Youth
      Employability Skill (YES) Project to other States of the country due to non
      availability of adequate funds, the Minister added.
      International
      Global
      Youth Issue's Startup Youth Initiative by USA

      A office of Global youth issue is created in US
      government after review of youth policy with an effort to empower young
      people.

      A Global youth issue start up initiatives was launched on 18 December by
      Secretary of State Ms Clinton in Dubai at the Global entrepreneurship
      Summit to provide youth with ideas and help promote individual
      prosperity job creation and economic growth. Ms Zeenat
      Rahman is the advisor of this programme.

      The
      Goals of Global Youth Issue are Empowering young people as positive economic and
      political actors through our programs Encouraging governments to create enabling
      environments for youth in our diplomacy; and Engaging young people and involving
      them in our policy processes through our public
      diplomacy.
      Commonwealth
      Youth Parliament in London
      60
      young people from around the Commonwealth countries attended 5th Commonwealth
      Youth Parliament from 4 to 7 December 2012 in London, UK.

      The
      CYP discussed various issues including Governance, e role of the Media and the
      rise of Social Media, Youth Unemployment, role of young
      people in politics: Tools in engaging the next generation, Access to education.
      The discussion also took place �Should universal education be free?�.
      Sexual
      and Reproductive Health of Youth and Adolescents in Sri Lanka Report
      Launched
      The report on
      Policies, Laws and Regulations on Sexual and Reproductive Health of Youth and
      Adolescents was launched in Sri Lanka. The report was compiled by the Health
      Ministry along with the World Health Organization (WHO). The Health Ministry
      said the report provides knowledge on sexual and re-productive health to Sri
      Lankan youths and makes them aware on the rules, regulations and policies in
      other countries related to sexual and
      re-production.
      Incoming
      Events:
      National
      Conference on Youth Migration and Development

      School
      of Youth Studies and Extension (SYSE), of Rajiv Gandhi
      National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumbudur, Chennai is planning to organize the �National Conference on Youth Migration and Development�
      from 8th & 9th February 2013
      Forum
      of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations

      5th
      Forum of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations will take place in Vienna,
      Austria, from February 26 to 28, 2013. About 150 youth (between 18 and 35 years
      old) from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds will participate in Event.
      For more information contact: viennayouth@...

      Photo
      contest focusing on young people at work

      The
      ILO Youth Employment Programme is launching a photo
      contest focusing on young people at work.
      The
      objective of the contest is to highlight the challenges young people face in the
      workplace, as well as innovative ideas to address them. Photos submitted by
      participants should captureyouth at work(in different places and
      under various conditions) in a creative and original manner. Photographers are
      invited to focus specifically onworking conditions, gender barriers,
      discrimination, informality, entrepreneurship, working poverty, migration,
      precarious work, and the rural economy, among
      others.
      Participants
      are invited to submit up to amaximum of five photosper person by no
      later than15 April 2013
      For
      details log on http://www.ilo.org/employment/areas/youth-employment/work-for-youth/photo-contest/lang--en/index.htm

      Int.
      Children�s Painting Competition on the
      Environment
      The
      theme of the 22nd International Children�s Painting Competition is
      �Water: The Source of Life�. You can participate if you are between 6 and 14
      years old, so what are you waiting for? Get out your pencils, crayons or paints
      and start drawing! You have until Friday, 15 February 2013 to submit your
      entries. The Competition is open for
      children between the age of 6 and 14 years. For
      more information log on:
      http://www.unep.org/tunza/children/int_comp.aspx
      Proposals
      Addressing Violence against Adolescent and Young Girls
      invited

      UN Trust Fund Call invites proposals in the following areas of
      action:

      Closing the Gap on the
      Implementation of National and Local Laws, Policies and Action Plans that
      Address Violence against Women
      Addressing Violence against
      Adolescent and Young Girls

      For large civil
      society organizations, governments and UN Country Teams, budget requests should
      be within the range of a minimum of US$ 300,000 to a maximum of US$ 1 million
      total for duration of two to three years.

      For small civil society organizations, especially grassroots women�s
      organizations and networks, budget requests will also be considered for a
      minimum of US$ 100,000.

      The deadline for submission of the Concept Note is 21 January
      2013
      For
      more detail log on https://grants.unwomen.org/

      ---------------------
      Youth
      Information is published by
      >Indian Committee
      of Youth Organizations (ICYO)
      >194-A,
      Arjun Nagar, Safdarjang Enclave
      >New
      Delhi 110029, India
      >Phone:
      91 9811729093 / 91 11 26183978 Fax 91 11 26198423
      / icyo@...
      www.icyo.in
      / www.icyo-india.org

      >=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      >Indian Committee
      of Youth Organizations (ICYO) is a registered umbrella organization committed in
      developing mutual cooperation among 441 youth voluntary agencies, youth groups
      and clubs from all parts of India.
      ICYO
      is devoted to inform, educate, & motivate youth for the social and moral
      development of India and provide International
      Connection.

      Address:
      Dr K.P.Mishra, Ph.D.
      Vice Chancellor
      Nehru Gram Bharati University
      Allahabad 211 002 India
      Cell: 91-9320466999/9838737787
      Tel. 91-532-6453999 Fax 91-532-2468700
      Email: vc.ngbu@...,
      mishra_kaushala@...
      &
      Ex Head, Radiation Biology and Health Sciences Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Center,Mumbai
      Email:mishradrkp@...

      Residence:
      504, Neelyog Residency CHS Ltd, K-1,Pant Nagar, Ghatkopar(East), Mumbai 400 075
      Tel. 91-22-21028093 Mob.09320466999/09838737787
      Email:mishradrkp@...

      Catch India as it happens with the Rediff News App. To download it for FREE, click here