Invitation - Observation of Human Rights Day

  • Kirity Roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012

      Dear Friend                                                                                                                27.11.2012

      Enjoy Human Rights Day in grief and joy

      Observance of Human Rights Day is to establish environs for full enjoyment of human rights by all. While the rights of the people have been challenged by various state and non- state actors; it should be the opportune moment to defy the ‘red eyes’ of the offenders. In this auspicious occasion, Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) intends to share with diverse issues, beliefs and understandings of human rights. Our intention is to make the occasion purposeful and champion diverse issues of human rights with proper visibility.

      MASUM from its inception is observing 10th December as International Human Rights Day with other human rights fraternity all over the world. The declaration of UDHR (Universal Declaration on Human Rights) on 10th December 1948 has been accepted as an enthusiast achievement by human rights fraternity.

      This year MASUM has taken up the issues relating with the citizens living along the Indo- Bangladesh bordering districts of West Bengal, facing atrocities by the Border Security Force and local police, non deliverance and shrinking livelihood options throughout the state. We want to initiate a concerted effort through partnering with different civil society organizations to address the malevolence and establish the rights of the said populace; we have decided to focus on these issues, during this year’s observance of International Human Rights Day.

      On 10th of December 2012, Human Rights Fair will be organized at the vicinity of Academy of Fine Arts ‘Mukta Mancha’ Kolkata, from morning 9.00 am; and that will continue till the evening. During the fair different civil society organizations and forums will display their publications and visuals with cultural programme by performers from Kolkata and districts. Several victims will share their pains and struggles to get justice.

      We solicit presence of you and your organizations with your publications and visuals and we will also arrange space for exhibit those materials, please ensure your participation beforehand, so we can arrange logistics for the same.

      I am cordially inviting you as a person / a representative of an organization or a network partner.

      Your participation and urgent reply will be highly solicited.

      With solidarity

      --
      Kirity Roy
      Secretary
      Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha
      (MASUM)
      &
      National Convenor (PACTI)
      Programme Against Custodial Torture & Impunity
      40A, Barabagan Lane (4th Floor)
      Balaji Place
      Shibtala
      Srirampur