Who Killed Savita? Doctors or Catholicism?

  • Sudhir-Architect
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2012
      Who Killed Savita? Doctors or Catholicism?

      Irish doctors put the blame on religion & law. The Irish Catholic Bishops call it a case of medical negligence. Who killed Savita Halappanavar?

      "I am neither Irish nor Catholic," she pleaded continuously to the doctors. The doctors did not budge. Their stand was clear: "We are a catholic country;
      abortion is illegal in Ireland". Savita, the pregnant Indian dentist, succumbed to reasoning & later to poisoning in Ireland on October 28.

      http://www.indiatimes.com/europe/who-killed-savita-doctors-or-catholicism-47857.html

      Religious principles should help protect life and well-being of the individuals and society at large.
      Stone Age ethos can not be used in the present modern context. Especially when one call themselves
      As developed nation. If it does not serve the purpose, better to use it as rolls.

      Thanks & Regards,

      Sudhir Srinivasan
      B.Arch, MSc.CPM, Dip.ID, Dip.CAD, Dip.PM, Dip.LD
      | Architect |