RE: [Arkitect India] School Management Committee Convention in Uttar Pradesh

  • rajagopalan ss
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2012
      That's good, Niranjan. In Tamilnadu, there is no coordination etween teachers' unions and NGO's. Rather they are at loggerheads. My efforts to bring them together have not succeeded. I tell teachers that they can't avoid being commented upon and I tell NGO's that without taking teachers into confidence RTE will not succeed. Each one has ts own agenda. In a meeting with NGO groups, I just put a question: How many of them send their children to Govt school? How many of them send their children to Tamil Medium schools? None,was the response. The same was almost true in teachers' groups also where an insignificant number sent their children to Tamil Medium Govt schools. All of them had their education in Public Schools in Tamil Medium. I taught first generation learners in Tamil Medium District Board Schools and many of them are in coveted leaders in their chosen profession. Where and why have we failed to sustain the interest of parents in Public SChools?
      ssr

      To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      From: aradhyaniranjan@...
      Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:08:50 +0000
      Subject: RE: [Arkitect India] School Management Committee Convention in Uttar Pradesh

      Dear Anjela,

      Thanks for more information. It is important to organise such conventions more and more to advance the cause of equitable quality education to all children. In Karnataka, we are organising this conventions at the Taluk level (Education Blocks) involving SDMS members, SDMC Forum Members, Elected Gram Panchayat members and along with the teachers and officials of the department. The response is very positive. What is interesting in Karnataka is that both Teachers Union and the SDMC Coordination forum is jointly working together to strengthen public education by strengthening government schools. We need to broad base and strengthen this movement in the days to come.

      Niranjan

      V.P.Niranjanaradhya,  Ph.D
      Fellow and Programme Head for Universalisation of  Equitable Quality Education Programme
      Centre for Child and the Law
      National Law School of India University
      Nagarbhavi,Bangalore -560242
      Karnataka-India
      Telefax: +9180-23160528
      Mobile +919448986913

      To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      From: anjela@...
      Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:58:49 +0530
      Subject: [Arkitect India] School Management Committee Convention in Uttar Pradesh [9 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from Anjela Taneja included below] Dear Friends,

      Following up on Janaki's post on the SMC convention in Uttar Pradesh, some more details that you may find of interest. This convention was organized by UP SCORE (State Coalition for Right to Education), the RTE Forum's UP State chapter. Approximately 1600 participants including SMC members, CSO representatives, educationists, teachers' and education network representatives participated in the same from across 72 districts of the state.  A memorandum is to be submitted to the CM and Education Minister based on the demands of the convention. The report is being compiled, however, the coverage should give an idea of what happened during the same. A peoples' movement in support of education requires the support of citizens, parents and teachers in support of the nation's schools- this was one small step in that direction in one state. Many more are needed.

      Anjela Taneja

      Register Now | Trailwalker | Facebook | Twitter
      =