Re: [Bahujan-forum] India votes against UN resolution banning death penalty

  • Dr Walter Fernandes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
      We seem to live in a "tooth for a tooth" democracy in which taking revenge is more important than thinking of the future of the people through reform. One finds today many more messages demanding that afzal and the killers of Rajiv be hanged than asking for a more civilised behaviour. That I think summarises our society. I hope I am wrong.

      Walter

      Dr Walter Fernandes
      North Eastern Social Research Centre
      110 Kharghuli Road (1st floor)