Re: [INDIAN FIRST] Re: [issuesonline_worldwide] Why I can’t pay tribute to Thackeray by Markandey Katju

  • Xavier William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2012
      Hitler had the same patriotism and a similar following as Bal Thackeray
      Bal Tahckeray was one of the foremost in bringing mind-boggling violence into politics and religion. He was also one of the first to promote hurt sensitivities as a justification for unparalleled violence. His goons have now taken over and the two girls on facebook and their relatives are at the receiving end.
      Bombay became the commercial centre of India with inputs from everyone. One of the reasons for Bombay's pre-eminence is due to the large number of national institutions there. Thus Bombay is the HQ for Western Railway, SW Railway and a few other railway zones. It is also the headquarters for the Shipping Corp. of India, most of the national banks and so on and so forth. This in turn made it convenient for industries to flourish there. Along comes Bal Thackeray and declares that Bobmbay belongs to Marathis and unleashes violence on the people who helped to make Bombay what it is.
      Someone said that politicians think of the next elections whereas statesmen think of the next generation. In contrast Bal Thackeray was. a myopic goon who could not even beyond his own nose.

      On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Abhilash Khandekar <abhilash@...> wrote:

      Thackeray was an enigma to many. But when he opposed the illegal Friday namaz on the streets by Muslims in Mumbai, was he wrong ? Where was (Justice) Katju then ? Or, if he opposed the Bangaldeshi infiltrators in thousands into India, what was wrong ? His only weak point was that perhaps he never learnt the art of glib-talking something Delhi always likes. He did not know much of diplomatic language either. He was forthright and very nationalist to his core. Maharashtra was created on linguistic lines so if he spoke of Marathi what was wrong ? He kept gathering huge crowds over the past four decades simply because he had some guts which no one in India could match. Why envy him, after he is gone ?

      In any case Balasaheb does not really need Katju's tribute; more than 20 lakh peoople physically and more than that through TV channels, have paid great respects to the steely man who was always outspoken and loved his state and India/. He would often said in Maharashtra--be a Maharashtrian and elsewhere be an Indian.

      Balasaheb all along was anti-Nehru-Gandhi and if that pains many, so be it.

      Abhilash Khandekar