Appeal on sarbajeet to the presidnet of Pakistan

  • Faisal Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012

      Mohtaram Asif Zardari Saheb

      We wish that India and Pakistan co-habit this earth as peaceful and friendly neighbours, and have been making our humble efforts in this regard for quite some time. To strengthen the forces of peace and friendship in both the countries, in addition to other initiatives, we organised ‘Delhi -Multan peace march’ in 2004. And, in 2010, Mumbai-Karachi peace rally was organised.

      We note that the people of India and Pakistan, both, suffer from the same curses of poverty, wide spread illiteracy, and violence of various hues, and both the countries fare rather badly in terms of indices of wellness of nation’s citizens. Therefore, for the good of the people of both the countries and also the world peace, all issues need to be resolved through talk.

      There is great bonhomie between the people of the two countries; and as we all know, even today the cross-border marriages do take place. We wish that at the level of two governments, there is confidence and warmth.

      We also try our best that the Government of India follows a policy that is conducive for building a healthy relationship with Pakistan. At the same time, we cannot ignore that, on both sides of the border, there are forces that are not in favour of friendship between the two countries and continually work to create mistrust and enmity.

      The release of Surjeet on June 28 has been hailed on both sides of the border. We, therefore, appeal to you to adopt the humanitarian approach, and as a gesture of magnanimity and goodwill, release Sarabjeet as well. That would strengthen friendship between India and Pakistan, and help strengthen the forces of peace in the subcontinent.

      Sandeep pandey ,Faisal khan

      National  Alliance of People’s Movement ,Khudaikhidmatgar

    • COVA network
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2012
        To,
        All concerned

        Being part of PIPFPD we had raised the issue of release Sarabjit Singh as it was reported that wrong identification sent him in Pak prison.  Hailing the release of Surjeet Singh, we endorse the appeal made Mr. Sandeep Pandey and Mr. Faisal Khan and wish harmonious relations between India and Pakistan at government level as well as at citizens level.

        Mohammed Turab
        Executive Secretary-COVA
        9347418735