Re: [arkitectindia] New Face

  • Abhay N. Das
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
      Dear Faridy
       I am Abhay N Das
       I would love to interact with you and the group on matters pertaining to issues which touch us partyicularly with a legal angle to them
       regards
      Abhay

      asfar faridy <asfarfaridy@...> wrote:
      Hello and welcome

      Mr. Soumit
      Hope that you will enjoy while having interaction with the group and also that the arkitect will greatly benifit from your views and experience.

      yours
      asfar faridy
      sub editor
      aalmi sahara (urdu weekly)
      9811306935

      the1_youknew <the1_youknew@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I am Soumit, a new face in the list. But it feels great to be part
      of something like arkitectindia. I am sure I would enjoy
      interactions with the group.

      Soumit.

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • asfar faridy
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2004
        Dear Abhay

        I will greatly benefit from such interaction and hope it will help me to get acquainted with the legal aspects of the issues which relate to us and thereby to the whole society and therefore to the whole world and humanity.
         I'll be out of station and can only be available on mail or phone after 29th of November.
        But I request you to keep in touch and send the mail you want so that I can get the idea of the development.
        yours
         asfar faridy

        "Abhay N. Das" <abhayndas@...> wrote:
[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • shadab sami
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 10, 2004

            happy DEEPAWALI  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......................... DEAR ITS SAMISTAR007

          On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 asfar faridy wrote :

          >Dear Abhay
          >
          >I will greatly benefit from such interaction and hope it will help me to get acquainted with the legal aspects of the issues which relate to us and thereby to the whole society and therefore to the whole world and humanity.
          >  I'll be out of station and can only be available on mail or phone after 29th of November.
          >But I request you to keep in touch and send the mail you want so that I can get the idea of the development.
          >yours
          >  asfar faridy
          >
          >"Abhay N. Das" <abhayndas@...> wrote:
          >Dear Faridy
          >  I am Abhay N Das
          >  I would love to interact with you and the group on matters pertaining to issues which touch us partyicularly with a legal angle to them
          >  regards
          >Abhay
          >
          >asfar faridy <asfarfaridy@...> wrote:
          >Hello and welcome
          >
          >Mr. Soumit
          >Hope that you will enjoy while having interaction with the group and also that the arkitect will greatly benifit from your views and experience.
          >
          >yours
          >asfar faridy
          >sub editor
          >aalmi sahara (urdu weekly)
          >9811306935
          >
          >the1_youknew <the1_youknew@...> wrote:
          >

          >Hi,
          >
          >I am Soumit, a new face in the list. But it feels great to be part
          >of something like arkitectindia. I am sure I would enjoy
          >interactions with the group.
          >
          >Soumit.

          >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          >Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          >http://mail.yahoo.com

        • asfar faridy
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 29, 2004
            Happy Deepawali and Eid Mobarak
            I wrote this mail on 9th of November but perhaps for technical reason it couldn't be send. I'm sending it again. This is to also inform the arkitects that I return from my home visit just this morning. Though there are many mails including from ark , I didn't go through and therefore, not able to reply. I'll be reading one and all and in due course try to reach each and every friends who I love very much.

            arks truely
            asfar

            "Abhay N. Das" <abhayndas@...> wrote:
[...]

          • nimisha sukhadia
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 20, 2004
              dear asfar

              hallo! i got your mail but i didnt know about this
              group. so please send me information so i can join.

              yours,
              nimisha.

              The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
              http://my.yahoo.com
            • ganesh puranik
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 21, 2004
                welcome and join the hands to build a new India

                nimisha sukhadia <nimisha810@...> wrote:

                dear asfar

                hallo! i got your mail but i didnt know about this
                group. so please send me information so i can join.

                yours,
                nimisha.

                The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                http://my.yahoo.com

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/VaTolB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • asfar faridy
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 1, 2005
                  Happy New Year

                  Dear Nimisha and other ark friends

                  Thank you for the mail. The ark is an effort by the students to make the under privileged and deprive one able to get education.Though started by the students people from various fields of the society have joined this group and they are helping the ark in its effort to make our brethren and sisters educated. More over the group is taking other issues too including the day to day affairs and challenges the human kind is face. But the main endeavour of the ark people still remain the literacy and education. The group is open for all to express their views. Therefore you can join the ark as per your convenience and interests.
                  At this moment of happiness and enjoyment of new year we do remember our sisters and brethren who lost their lives due to Devil Tsunami. Hope that the victim and effected ones will develope the courage to live their lives with more strong hearts and will.
                  Rest is OK
                  I request Mr. Shaheen and Sneha to please make available more information to nimisha.thanks
                  Yours
                  asfar faridy
                  sub editor
                  Aalmi Sahara
                  (weekly)
                  9811306935
                  nimisha sukhadia <nimisha810@...> wrote:

                  dear  asfar

                  hallo! i got your mail but i didnt know about this
                  group. so please send me information so i can join.

                  yours,
                  nimisha.

                  The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                  http://my.yahoo.com

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • janmanass
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 18, 2005
                    Hi
                    This question has been ask several times but it has not been replied
                    even once. I request Ark Foundation to tell something about Ark and
                    its activities to those who are intersted inknowing it

                    Thanks
                    Arvind

                    --- In arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com, nimisha sukhadia
                    <nimisha810@y...> wrote:

                    > dear asfar
                    >
                    > hallo! i got your mail but i didnt know about this
                    > group. so please send me information so i can join.
                    >
                    > yours,
                    > nimisha.

                    > http://my.yahoo.com
                  • Sneha Singh
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 21, 2005

                      Friends

                      There are few mails who want to know about Ark Foundation and about joining the egroup. We apologise for late response to these queries. In fact we should have discuss it earlier but anyway better late than never. The purpose of the egroup is to share and exchange news, views and experience to give a proper direction to ongoing development initiatives in various parts of the country. The philosophy is that we cannot go every place but our ideas and  experience can reach there to make a difference with the help  of the internet technology.

                      How to join this egroup- arkitectindia?

                      There are many ways to join it but I will tell you two very simple and easy method.

                        1. At the top right  of the page there will be a blue box embossed with "Join This Group"
                        2. Tell them to hit "Join This Group".
                        3. They will see a form which is very easy to fill and submit.
                        4. And instantly they will receive a welcome message.
                      1. If there is any problem simply send their email addresses to us at arkitect95@... and relax.

                       How to join Ark Foundation:
                      You need to identify an Action Area, preferably a village, in any part of India. Form a group of five committed people who would be interested in development of that area.  All the five should be the local inhabitants. Contact us with their CV and their area of interest. Rest we will do- providing logistical support and all the relevant documents necessary to work as a legally recognised independent group. A group of trainers will visit new action area to train the group in the process of capacity building. Except logistical and professional support, the group will work independently in its area. Therefore, we suggest, one of the group leaders should take it as a full time job.

                       About Ark Foundation- For those who have joined the egroup later.

                      Ark Foundation is a creation of a group of research scholars from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, who felt the need to use their education for betterment of society.  But now it has been joined by people from different backgrounds and different universities and colleges and also from different parts of the world.

                      Initially the group was known as "Two Hours A Week". It was the name of our first programme in which every volunteers would give at least two hours a week. later the name of the programme was associated with the group of people itself.

                       People's Action for Village Development, Aadarsh Graamin Samaaj, Two Hours A Week and Global Village Group came together on one platform and came to be known as Ark (boat). Later the group registered itself as Ark Foundation under the Society Registration Act (1860) in 2002.

                      Different people have different interest and like to devote their time in different projects. Sometime they come with their own programmes and take Ark's help to translate their feeling to do something for the deprived section in their own localities. Ark provides a platform, logistical support, other possible help and, most importantly, a group of experienced individuals in order to maximize the results of their social responsibilities.

                       For some it is the education which should be given top priority and hence they engage themselves in educational activities, for others it is the health and further for some, specially students from School of Environmental Sciences, it is the environmental education and preservation of ecological system which is more important. There is no debate and discussion on this issue. We believe every one should work according to his/her interest and understanding of the issue. We should also take out some time to help each other in building a better society for every one. For people like Annie, Pallavi, Sangeeta, Shradha, Sunita and Rashmi, it is women’s issue which should be taken up seriously and that too without wasting any time. They are doing their work in their limited capacity. But at the same time they are also helping others in their educational  initiatives. There is no watertight grouping. One set of people like to see other sets of people doing better in their domain, hence, extends their helping hand.

                      Our educational initiatives are most successful  as majority of us feel it is lack of education which is the  mother of many problems in our society. Following are the programmes which different sets of people are involved with.

                      A brief introduction of Ark's  programmes- some of them are in action and some are for future action. Though most of us are working in cities but our future plan is to go to villages and create  Village Development Circles (VDC) in each village with a radius of approximately 3kms. It  will be the basis for the implementation of Ark's activities. Each Development Circle will have:

                       1.      Ark Education Centre (Coordinator: Dr. Shaheen Ansari)

                      ·        High School

                      ·        Library

                      ·        Computer Education Centre

                      ·        Cultural Activity Centre

                      ·        Vocational Training Centre

                      2.      Ark Health Care Centre (Coordinators: Sneha Singh & Pallavi Sharan)

                      ·        Primary Health Centre

                      ·        Medicine Bank

                      ·        Counseling Centre

                      ·        Routine Check up

                      ·        Workshop

                      ·        Health Mela (festival)

                      3.      Ark Women and Child Development Centre (Coordinators: Shradha Sinha  &
                                                                                                                   Rashmi Rawat)

                      ·        Women's empowerment

                      ·        Vocational Training

                      ·        Reproductive Health and Family Planning

                      ·        Child-care centres for working mothers

                      4.      Ark Youth Bank (Coordinator: Dr. Ahmad Khan)

                      ·        Formation of a group

                      ·        Provision of Loan for Self Employment

                      ·        Identification of Skills and training in their trade

                      ·        Vocational Training

                      5.      Ark Information Dissemination Centre (Coordinators:  Dr. Razi Ahmad & Juanita
                                                                                                        Kakoty))

                      ·        Publication of quarterly magazine- Baal Chaupal

                      ·        Campaigning- individual, family and community level.

                      ·        Workshops

                      ·        Community Radio

                      ·        Folk Songs

                      ·        Street Play

                      6.      Ark Old Items Bank (Coordinators: Abdul Halim & Rajiv Mehra)

                      ·        Collection of Old Items

                      ·        Identification of Needy People

                      ·        Development of Distribution Mechanism.

                      7.      Ark Eco Club (Coordinators: Sudhyan Negi & Ramakant Tiwari)

                      ·        Community forestry

                      ·        Planting a tree at the three important events of a life- birth, marriage and death

                      ·        Planting trees of medicinal, ecological and economic values.

                      The above coordinators are at the central level. All the groups have their own sets of coordinators at the local levels. It depends on how many programmes they want to implement in their own Action Areas.

                      For detail you can visit our website www.arkindia.org  (it is under construction).

                      Remember we are always open for comment, criticism and suggestion.

                      Thanks
                      Sneha Singh

                      Ark Foundation

                      JNU, New Delhi

                      <nimisha810@y...> wrote:

                      > dear  asfar
                      >
                      > hallo! i got your mail but i didnt know about this
                      > group. so please send me information so i can join.
                      >
                      > yours,
                      > nimisha.

                      > http://my.yahoo.com

                      Yahoo! Groups Links