Re: From An American: I Want to Apologize to the World

  • Satish Jha
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2012
      This is one law that has given the US "constitutional" powers extending over the plant earth. This must be opposed by every country and the United Nations and now change.org and all such organizations must mobilse all citizens of the world to protest against it and force the US President to withdraw it, something even the General asked the President to do.

      Obama has clearly disappointed the world beyond belief. Leadership is beyond oratory. Its important that everyone who believes in human rights and respects humanity protest through forum and ensure that the governments are not able to take people's rights for granted.

      On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM, reggie501 <reggie501@...> wrote:

      http://tvnewslies.org/tvnl/index.php/editorial/bob-alexanders-commentary/22091-from-now-on-our-biggest-mistake-is-believing-we-are-free.html

      NDAA just ended YOUR freedom in the US!  Wake up...

      From now on … Our Biggest Mistake is Believing We Are Free

      MUST READ by Bob Alexander at TvNewsLIES.org

      ...as of now … anyone … anywhere … can be detained indefinitely by order of the President of the United States. Obama said. "I want to clarify that my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens." But what he just signed says he can. We just have to trust him … and all future presidents from now on. Florida Democratic representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz says she'll be working with other Democrats to repeal the Homeland Battlefield provisions as soon as Congress reconvenes. Good luck with that one. What are the chances a Republican controlled house will repeal provisions it had already passed in a 283 to 136 vote?

      If the provisions are not repealed, or if the president changes his mind and decides to use the law he signed … then any of us could end up like Al-Jazeera journalist Sami Al-Hajj. He was arrested in Pakistan on December 15, 2001 and detained at Guantánamo for over 6 years. According to documents published by Wikileaks, the government wanted Al-Hajj "to provide information on the al-Jazeera News Network's training program, telecommunications equipment, and newsgathering operations." He was beaten, sexually assaulted… and released without charge on May 1, 2008.

      We are all now officially … small prey animals. We have the same rights a field mouse has against a hawk. Prey animals can't get a lawyer or a trial. Prey animals get eaten.

      READ THE FULL ARTICLE!!!

    • Ananya Guha
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2012
        Yes this is a grim warning. And what happens or can happen in countries like India is worse!

        Ananya S Guha
        Shillong.