Re: Reply: [Arkitect India] re: When LOKPAL BILL was implemented in Singapore

  • gauhar raza
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,
      it is difficult to raise your voice when every one is convinced of only one point of view. I am against the concept of Lokpal in a democracy, I am also against corruption and am as worried as every one is but 'lokpal' is no solution. the forty year discourse which achieved the pitch of frenzy has brought us to a level where we are allowed only to discuss whose bill is better.
      Pakistan has every now and then experimented with the concept of lokpal, every dictator that grabbed power there, did it in the name of eradicating corruption, and they were more powerful that what Hazare and gang of four is suggesting.
      we are doing better than pakistan. we are not only ready to handover our democracy to a 'dream lokpal' but are ready to search for one and appoint him democratically.
      in my opinion we don't need a strong lokpal, we need strong 'people', awaam should be empowered not lokpal. RTI has shown the way, it can be done.

      Gauhar Raza

      From: "Dr Kaushala Prasad Mishra" <mishra_kaushala@...>
      Sender: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 30 Dec 2011 11:50:18 -0000
      To: <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: <satish.jha@...>; <sss-global@yahoogroups.com>

      Dear Prof Kalluri,

      Thank you for your thoughts. I totally endorse your viewpoint. I personally feel Anna ji and team( I am not in the team)are doing excellent job of awakening people. I hope message will be taken more seriously by people in time to come. We must remain firm and united to do a bit in removing/reducing corruption from our country. Nevermind, we are a breed who had slavery more than 300 years- fully accepted and respected.

      We need to join hands and be prepared to make a sacrifice to make our point for good of the people.

      KP Mishra

      On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:32:50 +0530 wrote

      Mr Satish Jha just echoed my thoughts and in a penetrative way. Anna Ji should let the Lok pal bill passed even if it is 50 % of what he wants. What is important now is to wake up the nation to see a new path. That he has done and every politician is at least outwardly for this change. That is a big success.

      There is another direction that this nation has to be awakened - the lines Mr Jha has already suggested . So I need not repeat. I am marking this e mail to SS-global as well as I want the members of that forum to debate on this .

      Kalluri Subba Rao

      Kalluri Subba Rao., Ph.D., D.Sc.(IISc),FAS-AP, FAMS., FNASc.,FNA. INSA-Hon.Scientist and Professor,Center for Biotechnology, Institute of Science and Technology (IST) , Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kukatpally, Hyderabad-500085. Email:ksrsl@...;ksrbrain@...