Re: Indian Corruption - Five Steps to a Revitalized Brand BJP - Who is an alternative - Food for thought - Jagte Raho Deshvasio

  • Surendra Srivastava
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011

                        National Campaign For Political Reforms
                              Time For Decisive Action -  Pls circulate
                                    www.loksatta.org

                      भारत में व्यवस्था परिवर्तन की आवश्यकता

      Never hate politics!!! Hate the way politics is run in this country!!! -- Dr.JP , Lok Satta Party

      "Politics is a noble endeavour to serve - People, Society, Ward, Citi, State and the Nation" - Lok Satta Party ................Take first step ............!!!!!!!!!!!

      Five steps to a revitalized Brand BJP by Chetan Bhagat Jul 31, 2011.

        It is boring to watch anything one-sided — from a wrestling bout to a cricket match. Indian politics is facing a similar situation. The BJP is turning out to be the weakest political opponent we have had in a long time. It is boring to be an observer in Indian politics. Also, it is terrible for the nation to not have a good alternative.

        This is despite the Congress doing numerous self-goals in the past two years. Scam after scam, a borderline civil unrest, rampant inflation, a smug and silent leadership and a first family that is either complicit or does not know what is going on — even if the BJP planted insiders in the Congress, they could not have engineered so many debacles.

        Still, the BJP could not work the tide in its favor. People are not warming up to it. This despite having earnest BJP spokespersons, who come on TV everyday and tell us the following: Sonia Gandhi is Italian (for the nine millionth time), all Congress decisions are made by madam and everyone in the Congress party has an account in Switzerland.

        Yes, there is resentment against the government, but few think that the BJP will be any better. The recent government missteps could have been a lifetime's opportunity for the BJP — to not only come back to power, but also stay there and expose all corrupt Congress leaders. But it has been a PR disaster, showing that while the BJP is extraordinarily high-pitched with anti-Congress rhetoric, it has no real answers, no convictions, no leadership and, scarily, no grip on the pulse of the people.

        The biggest evidence of this came from the Yeddyurappa situation. Many had told them months ago to get rid of him. Well, they kept him there, giving convoluted logic ranging from 'he is immoral, not corrupt' to 'we are less corrupt than the Congress'. If the BJP had preemptively removed him, it would have signaled a resolve to fight corruption. Today, they come across as losers.

        The BJP's failure is also sad because to a certain extent, it represents non-dynasty politics. If they can't make it work, it means India still is not ready to be weaned off the Gandhi family, and we prefer our kings and princes to a real democracy. Something is clearly wrong. Here are some suggestions the BJP may want to consider as a matter of urgency.........................By Chetan Bhagat

        Take the first step.............................................!!!!!

        Only way to Improve the Political Culture (i.e. dismantle - Money/Muscle Power, Vote Bank and Dynastic Politics) is that the best and the brightest will have to enter politics as they did prior to independence and during first two decade thereafter.

        If not now ? If not you and I ?? Who?? But remember politics is a very hard and sustained work but is an opportunity, as a noble endeavour, to serve the people, society and the Nation

        Surendra Srivastava
        Volunteer - Lok Satta Aandolan
        Tel: +91 22 2377 2279 Email: surendra@...
        The Answer to "Bad Politics" is "Good Politics"  Not "No Politics"  - Dr. JP, Lok Satta Aandolan
        [Wikipedia] [Facebook] [Twitter] [Why Loksatta?][www.killcorruption.org][Video]
        Base Unit-4, Bycula Service Industries Premises,
        Dadoji Konddeo Rd, Bycula (East) Mumbai 400027

        Disclaimer: My mailing list is intended to create awareness, not spam. If you'd rather not receive these messages, do let me know.

        "SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!"