festival of street plays

  • Vedabhyas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Festival of Street Plays on Social Issues

      Celebrating the International Volunteers Day

      Dear friends,

      Greetings and best wishes from Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti!

      To celebrate the International Volunteers Day(IVD) , Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti is organizing its annual Festival of Street Plays on Social Issues on Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at Gandhi Smriti, the National Memorial of Mahatma Gandhi. The objective of the 'Festival of Street Plays' is to mobilize the youth to take to volunteer action on various social issues.

      The “Festival of Street Plays” will highlight  social issues and concerns. Besides, it is also an endeavor to promote the concept of street plays, which is under the onslaught of increasing commercialization.

      We invite you to join us in making the festival of street plays a success and help us in our endeavour to fight the increasing problems in the society. Your presence will be an encouragement for the young members in the street play groups and take forward the spirit of volunteering.

      Different Street Plays groups will perform on issues such as “Violence on Women”, “Female Foeticide”, “Education”, Disaster Management”, “HIV-AIDS”, “Communal Harmony” etc.  Your cooperation will help us in our effort.

      The Festival of Street Plays starts at 10.30 A.M. The venue is Gandhi Smriti, 5, Tees January Marg, New Delhi -110011

      With warm regards.

      Vedabhyas Kundu,

      Programme Officer,

      Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti