Pl. Keep going

  • talib khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2004

        Hi
      Good to read and see so many thoughts flowing freely through this online group discussion forum.
      First let me tell you about Prof. Tripathi. Prof. V.K. Tripathi  is a professor of physics in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), new Delhi.
      I am introducing him because I know that he does not care these things. He only know work and he likes to speak through his works. I have an opportunity to meet him during a volunteer work at Jamuna Pushta Slum in New Delhi. Now this slum has been shifted to Bawan village where he still goes.

      It was here I came to know about this person. He is neither a politician  nor has any such ambition. He is just a teacher who devotes his remaining time with marginalized section of our society.

      Now come to the point of discussion.
      I am sure that the moderator of this group will appreciate various views and opinions of people with different background and thinking.

      I would only like to request all the people to please don¬ít deprive us from your valuable thoughts.  It is a very healthy sign that everybody is expressing his/her mind openly and freely. Thank ark

      Regards,
      Talib  khan

    • pallavi sharan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004

        Dear Friends,

                      I am a regular reader of the mails that all of you keep posting. There is something very important that i want to share with all of you.

                      We all know about the World Social Forum 2004, that took place in January in Mumbai. This year itself a new chapter of World Dignity Forum was opened at the WSF. This is a forum against casteism, racism, other forms of discriminations and exclusions and roots itself in Indian Dalits and Dalit organizations.

                    We plan for world wide mobilization on the 5 Dec,2004 and commemorate this day as World Dignity Day. On this day we plan for a People's Dignity Rally in Delhi with a number of other activities as well.

        I would like to know from all of you about the social groups or organizations, at National level or International, that you would like us to reach out to for this solidarity campaign. The name of the contact person/s and their respective email addresses will be of great help.

        I am attaching more information in this mail. For replying use the following email id: worlddignityforum@...

        Hope to hear from all of you soon.

        With Regards.

        Pallavi Sharan.