3575Re: [arkitectindia] Utilising the power of ICTs to Empowering the poor..

  • khalid jamal
    Jan 20, 2007
      Dear Satish,
      I am glad the report is out.It delightening to see witfor website as well.

      I am khalid; documnetary film maker,a consultant working on SHG and a Lecturer of amedia institute.

      I am wondering if you can please let me know how can i get acopy of this report.

      I will be most grateful.

      Kind regards,
      Syed khalid

      Satish Jha <satish.jha@...> wrote:
      I am glad to see this report "Empowering The Poor- by Harris and Rajora, UNDP-APDIP monograph" finally out in print.

      As a member of its Advisory Group I am understandably pleased to see it as a well produced and valuable document. I am also glad that the mission of Digital Partners "Empowering the poor" has found favours with everyone as a slogan to capture the essence of what these experiements offer us and has been acceptable as the title of this book.

      I would like to take this opportunity to also share with the members of this forum that the World Information Technology Forum (WITFOR) will be holding its Third Conference in Addis Ababa (The First was held in Vilnius in 2003; The Second in Gaborone in 2005)  in late August 2007. Some of these experiements form across Asia may be inspiring showcases for this conference. As a Co-Chair I am glad to invite those with compelling stories and powerful lessons to share with us their experiences - from research, implementation, business or policy perspectives.

      Thanks,

      Satish Jha
      Co-Chair, World IT Forum
      www.witfor.org