19772Brief Report : Inter-faith Dialogue by Tamil Nadu unit of Khudai Khidmatgar

  • Faisal Khan
    Aug 1, 2014
     The Tamil Nadu unit of Khudai Khidmatgar invited Swami Sivanand,Maulana Abdul Qadir, Pastor Daniel, and Sendhil Nayagam and others,representatives of different faiths for an Aftar party and used the opportunity to conduct a very useful inter-faith dialogue at Helping Hands Ashram Chennai ,. Anandi Ammal and Sangam Jabbar jointly chaired the session.

    There was consensus that in order to promote the ideals of a healthy society, meetings should be organised frequently and more people and organizations involved. Also public campaigns in villages, schools, colleges and other places shall be conducted for promoting these ideas. The meeting further resolved to propagate love and harmony and expose the forces that – in order to serve their vested interests – spread hate in the name of religion.

    and  statement was issued ,that We are of the view that communication gap aggravates the misgivings and misunderstandings between people and groups, and strengthens the negative perceptions about each other; and, therefore, continual dialogue between all sections of society need to be encouraged, and possibility of coordinated efforts by the subscribers of the essentially ‘pro-people’ philosophy working in different domains explored. And, therefore, the groups that consider religion as their defining characteristic, and empathize with the disadvantaged and discriminated, need to exchange views and evolve strategies so as to strengthen progressive forces in the society.Through continual COMMUNICATION, we wish to do away with ISOLATION, and avoid the possibility of any CONFRONTATION.  And from there on, we can jointly struggle to usher in a better morrow for ALL.

    Faisal Khan
    National Alliance of People's Movement
    Khudai Khidmatgar
    Contact: 09968828230, 09313106745