194Re: [arkitectindia] For Tsunami Victims

  • Shradha Sinha
    Jan 1, 2005

          SKIP A LUNCH AND DONATE IT TO

      TSUNAMI VICTIMS

      Friends

      JNU students are also discussing to skip a day meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and donate the whole amount for the Tsunami victims. Earlier the JNU students had donated a day meals for the victims of earthquakes in Gujrat, Uttaranchal etc.  So I am quite sure that this time also the discussion will be converted into a reality and very soon we will be able to contribute more into the ongoing relief works.

      I know there are students from Delhi University, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jamia Millia Islamia University and Aligarh Muslim University in the arkitectindia group. I humbly request friends from all these universities to work for the similar kind of arrangements in your universities also.

      At least you can request people to skip a lunch and donate the amount for Tsunami victims.

      I will be highly grateful  if you people forward this mail to teachers and students of other universities so that they can also ask people in their respective universities, institutes, colleges and schools to  SKIP A LUNCH AND DONATE IT TO TSUNAMI VICTIMS.

      Kindly forward this mail to your other friends for the same purpose.

      Rajive and Ramakant have correctly said in their appeal mail that individually we can do nothing but collectively we can bring miracle.

      Friends we really need a miracle of collective force to cope with such calamities.

      Thanks
      Shradha

      JNU, New Delhi.

      Sneha Singh <sneharkitect@...> wrote:

      Friends

      There are a lot of Christmas and New Year greeting messages but we decided to not celebrate but to invest the day in prayer and collecting contribution for Tsunami victims.

      There are few mails who wanted to know about how and where to contribute. The answer for this is here :

      Payment may be made by cheque or draft in the name of the “The Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund” and sent to the Prime Minister’s Office, South Block, New Delhi-110011. As per directions on the subject the nationalized banks are not to charge any commission on preparation of drafts favouring the PMNRF.

      Contributions can also be made directly to the branches of the following banks: • State Bank of India • Central Bank of India • Union Bank of India • Dena Bank • Syndicate Bank • Corporation Bank • Ban of India • Indian Overseas Bank • Punjab National Bank • Indian Bank • Allahabad Bank • Citi bank

      Contributions can also be sent through Money Order with no commission chargeable. Contributions to the PMNRF have been notified for 100% deduction from taxable income under section 80(G) of the Income Tax Act.

      In case you don’t have time to go any one of these places please look for ph.no in your local newspaper. Dial them and contribute generously.

      There is a last option also for those who for any reason can’t avail the above facility. They can use internet backing system and donate whatever they can do. The Hindu, HT and other organizations are accepting contribution through net.

      Through internet banking you can also contribute in Ark Foundation ICICI Bank Account (New Delhi) and leave your message on arkitectindia group. We can transfer the ammount to PM Fund on your behalf.

      Account No. of Ark Foundation : 006501074551
      ICICI Bank
      Vasant Vihar
      New Delhi
      India

      In JNU we are also collecting old items like cloths and other usefull things:

      Medicine
      Water purifier tablets
      And other such thing which you can think in your house can be used there down in South India.

      We wish 2005 will bring a new hope for victims of Tsunami. Let us work together in our own limited way to help on going welfare initiatives for these people.

      For detail

      Please contact
      Sangeeta Kumari and
      Sunitha Allory (both in JNU, New Delhi)
      Ph. +91-11-9312364028
      JNU Students Union Office can also be contacted for the same purpose.

      Thanks
      Sneha Singh
      Secretary
      Ark Foundation