      From: Arun Khote
      Date:06/05/2014 10:42 (GMT+05:30)
      To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Arkitect India] Our stand on responses sent by the members on Yoga Trainer & businessman Ram Kishan Yadav alias Ramdev under SC/ST ( POA) Act1989 and Take action against police & administrative officers for non performing their duties under SC/ST (POA) Act1989 section 4 1 NHRC , NCW and NCSC have to take action !

      Dear Friends !

      Greetings From NMLLJ !

      Since yesterday after our appeal to arrest Yoga Trainer & businessman Ram Kishan Yadav alias Ramdev under SC/ST ( POA) Act1989 and take action against police & administrative officers for non performing their duties under SC/ST (POA) Act1989 section 4, We had received lot of responses from across the world. We could have divide responses in four categories are :

      1.    Strong support & solidarity to the appeal !

      2.   Ramdev has already tender his apology so to end up this issue !

      3.   His  intention  & CONTEXT was different !

      We welcome and  are thankful for the support & solidarity from all of agreed section of the society. We appeal you all to please take this issue forward for the wider interest of equality based democratic society committed to the constitution of the country.

      We just wanted to clarify that we do not have any personal enmity or intention against Yoga trainer Ram Kishan Yadav alias Ramdev.

      We firmly believes that his statement was highly derogatory and abusive towards Dalits community, Dalit women and against every women of the country as his statement has shown  attitude of hierarchy, patriarchy and casteist basis on Brahmanism & feudal ideology.

      His statement was not a political or referential statement but "purely sexist comment against Dalit women" and women in general. He related his statement with the marriage of Rahul Gandhi to emphasis his context.

      It is general attitude and understanding of brahmanical and feudal mindset people that Dalit women are easy to access without any opposition as they do not have access in the justice tender system. Dalit women are biggest victim of such attitude and mindset across the country.

      It is general trend of KHAP PANCHAYATs particular in western UP and Harayana to impose small fine and accept apology of the perpetrator against sexual violence against Dalit women.

      With all respect we wanted to raise that when brutal incident of 16th Dec2012 happened, the whole country has boiled and blocked the whole Delhi unitedly demanded to hang perpetrator. When issue of Tarun Tejpal (Tehalaka) came on light every one has rejected his apology and now he is in jail.

      Now four Dalit innocent gang rape victims girls from BHAGANA ( HARIYANA) are on indefinite protest at Janter Manter, New Delhi for justice from last four days. People of Delhi, Civil society, so called national movement, human right groups, social organizations etc are keeping silent and mum. Very few have come forward with some symbolic and formal support.

      So far only different Dalit groups are coming in support of them. even in social site also we could not see any campaign or support from the civil society on this issue. It is live example of insensitivity and selective attitude basis of caste of the civil society of the country and in particular of Delhi which stand mum spectator only.

      It is unfortunate that people are ready to compromise with regret (Not apology) of Yoga trainer ram Kishan yadav alias Ramdev with the dignity and respect of women and in particular of Dalit women !

      We appeal to all please do not be selective and specific basis on caste and class particular in favor of perpetrator. Please do stand in favor of victim of the caste !

      Let Us Allow Law to Work In Favor Of Justice ! We are in opinion that any lawful action against Yoga trainer Ram Kishan Yadav alias Ramdev will bring a positive massage to the society.

      We Demand That :

      1.    Immediate  Arrest Yoga Trainer & Businessman Ram Kishan yadav alias  Ramdev under SC/ST (POA) Act1989 & IPC 509 Or Declare him Absconder !

      2TTake action against police & administrative officers for non performing their duties under SC/ST (POA) Act1989 section 4 !

      3.   NHRC , NCW and NCSC have to take action !

      Warm Regards !

      ​In Solidarity !​

      ARUN KHOTE
      राष्ट्रीय भूमि, श्रम एवं न्याय आन्दोलन
      National Movement For Land, Labor & Justice-NMLLJ

      4A/ 98 , Vishal Khand-4 , Gomti Nagar,
      Lucknow -226010 Uatter Pradesh (INDIA)
      Mob: 91#7703047590

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic