10943My Frontline Article on RTE Act -2-15 July issue.

  • Anil Sadgopal
    Jul 3, 2011

    Friends,

    Here is my FRONTLINE piece on Right to Education Act (entitled, “Neoliberal Act”) published in the 2-15 July issue now on the stands. It is in two versions in the attachment. One of this is in pdf of hard copy as published (some problems in reading since it is not in face-to-face mode, as in the printed magazine) and the other one as posted on the internet by FRONTLINE with a weblink to the BOX.  Read whichever version is more comfortable for you.

    The BOX of ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ is an abridged version of what was initially published as Table 3 of my article entitled “RTE Vs. RTE Act” in SOCIAL SCIENTIST (Sept.-Dec. 2010).

    FRONTLINE’s entire Cover Story is on the issue of RTE vs. RTE Act, with a range of viewpoints, data and varying assessments. It would be best if you read the entire Cover Story and accordingly formulate your stand on how to educate, not merely enroll, BHARAT while INDIA acts to deny education to the vast majority or replace education with literacy. This Cover Story should help us all to decode the politics of the RTE Act and its protagonists, be it the State or its co-traveler international agencies and NGOs.

    If you still can’t decode the hidden agenda of the Act, even after one year of its ‘cleverly designed deliberate non-implementation’, I will just say “let us continue to dialogue until BHARAT wins the battle!”

    Zindabaad!

    Sincerely,

    Anil Sadgopal

  • Show all 3 messages in this topic