106Re: [arkitectindia] women issue

  • Mohammad Siddiquie
    Oct 11, 2004
      Dear Harjai
      Firstly I appreciate you to express your thoughts so
      frankly even if those are diameterically opposite to
      others. You have raised some valid issues. You are
      right that in democarcy every body has a right to
      express his views. Discussion is putting forward your
      views and listening to others views. You expect that
      others should be open minded to listen to your views
      but are you open enough for others views. I assume you
      are and rest of my writting is based on this
      assumption. Let me ask you some straight questions. I
      hope you will not mind
      1) I agree that whatever is happening with Kashimiri
      pandits is inhuman but does that conclude that
      whatever happened in Gujrat was correct. Can two
      wrongs make a right. Our problem is that we have
      categorised one problem into two. The problem is not
      that Pandits are killed in Kashmir and muslims in
      Gujrat. Problem is human beings are killed. As long as
      you consider this one problem into two you will try to
      justy later by former.
      2)You rightly said that India is secular while
      Pakistan and Bangladesh are not but question is do we
      want to make our India like Pakistan and Bagladesh?
      Why are we benchmarking ourselves with too low
      standrad.
      3) You said If population of muslims will continue to
      grow at the current rate muslims will soon out number
      hindus. Perhaphs your views are based on perceptions
      rather than facts. If you know a little mathmatics
      please calculate and tell us the exact year by which
      this is going to happen. Be logical.
      4) Yes I agree that Muslim growth rate is higher than
      what we as a nation can afford but than what is the
      solution Killing muslims or educating them
      5) You said that your views are not only yours but
      belong to millions of hindus. how can you say that so
      surely, have you meet million hindus and conducted a
      survey. I have meet thousands of hindus ( I can not
      claim millions) and I do not think that your views are
      representation of millions. My friend take
      reposnsibility of your own views and do not try to
      pose as self proclaimed leader of millions
      6) You rightly said that Kasmiri pandits also need
      help but what is your contribution in it.How many
      kashmiri pandits have you helped till date. preventing
      Dr Tripathi from helping people in godhra is not going
      to help kashmiri pandits. Come on my friend be
      constructive in your efforts rather than destructive
      7)Are you hurt by this mail. If yes than how can you
      expect that others are not hurt by your mail.

      I hope you will not quit discussion

      Regards
      M.T.Siddiquie

      === message truncated ===