Fwd: PCLP meeting Thursday May 15 (same place, same time...)

  • maywood2008
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2003
      I'm forwarding my PCLP meeting announcement to this list particularly
      because of Agenda Item #5, see below. I've been running the Pima
      County LP meetings since January and I began extending the invitation
      to FSP to send a spokesperson to plug FSP in early February; but so
      far no one has accepted the invitation.

      For those who have never been to Cody's Beef & Beans, it is located
      at 2708 E. Fort Lowell, Tucson.

      David Euchner
      Chairman, Pima County Libertarian Party

      --- In lpaz-Pima@yahoogroups.com, "maywood2008" <gonzolawyer@c...>
      wrote:
      PIMA COUNTY LIBERTARIAN PARTY meeting

      Thursday, May 15 at Cody's Beef & Beans. We're going to do a
      different format from now on: the business meeting will be conducted
      at 6:00 pm, and probably will not last more than 5 minutes since
      there is nothing on the agenda for the business meeting yet.

      Then the outreach and activist meeting will commence at 7:00 pm.
      There is plenty to discuss here - see tentative agenda below.

      Those who wish to come for the business meeting at 6pm are welcome;
      it is open to all interested libertarians. All are encouraged to come
      early for the purpose of dining and socializing.

      One minor snag in this month's meeting - we lost the back room for
      this particular day, so we'll be meeting in the general dining room.
      I had a choice between going ahead with the meeting in the main
      dining area or re-scheduling, and since we're still getting in the
      habit of reserving the third Thursday on our calendars for PCLP
      meetings (this makes 5 months in a row!) I didn't want to disturb the
      schedule.

      Another item which doesn't qualify as a snag - I might be late for
      the meeting, since I have a hearing in Gila County on Thursday
      afternoon. Depending on how long that takes and how long it takes me
      to drive back to Tucson, I might not be back until after 7:00.
      However, to the extent that I am late I leave the running of the
      meeting in Jason Auvenshine's extremely capable hands.

      ***

      AGENDA

      1. Introductions

      2. Website - it is now active, see http://www.pimalp.org - now we
      just need to throw more content on it. I intend to do most of the
      writing, but volunteers are welcome for additional writing as well as
      graphics.

      3. Review of the May 3 cannabis march, and early planning for the May
      2004 march

      4. Final planning for the voter registration booths at the Crossroads
      Gun Show, which will be May 17-18 at the Pima County Fairgrounds.
      Hours are Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4. (Separate e-mail on this item
      coming...)

      5. There has been chatter on this list and on other lists about the
      Free State Project and its members in the Tucson area (of which I am
      one). If anyone wishes to make a short presentation on FSP, feel free
      to show up and speak and/or distribute literature. And since we're
      not the NRA, you can count on us not to have you arrested for handing
      out pamphlets :-)

      6. Open Forum

      ***

      Looking forward to seeing you there.