does anyone use the chat features here

  • kattmann99
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2003
      the chat room is a great place to get together on-line to discuss this
      why doesn't anyone use it,,if they do what time of day is best to find
      people in there.
    • Matt Cheselka
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2003
        --- In fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com, "kattmann99"
        <horndog@z...> wrote:
        > the chat room is a great place to get together on-line to discuss this
        > why doesn't anyone use it,,if they do what time of day is best to find
        > people in there.

        Keep in mind that the FSP has it's own chat room, also. It runs right
        on your browser (no Java, etc. necessary):

        http://chat.freestateproject.org

        I'm all for regular chat sessions if that's what you folks would like
        to do -- and I don't care which venue we use. If anyone wants to
        organize it, keep us posted on this list, ok?

        Cheers,

        Matt
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2003
          I don't know of many people who use the web-based chat on Yahoo (clunky,
          slow, and littered with banner-ads). I tend to use my old LP's site
          (they have Java Chat) when I want to chat live with that group.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2003
            No offense, but anything I've tried to discuss has seemed to fall on
            deaf ears here. I would hope most the people on this list are
            politically involved, which to me would mean good discussions of
            various issues impacting Liberty, but like I said anything I've
            initiated seems to have been ignored. :(

            Mailing lists are a good place to discuss, it's just a delayed
            discussion, but it's easier for anyone to take part.

            -Craig.

            On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 01:16 AM, kattmann99 wrote:

            > the chat room is a great place to get together on-line to discuss this
            > why doesn't anyone use it,,if they do what time of day is best to find
            > people in there.

            <image.tiff>

          • solthaed
            Message 5 of 6 , May 9, 2003
              I checked out the fsp chat area, seems like one of those nice little
              browser chat programs (probably open-source). I would be interested in
              chat with other AZ porcupines. If anyone else is interested just pick
              a time and day. Maybe something like Wednesday nights around 7-8, or
              whatever is best. I am going to get on the chatroom during afternoons
              and nights to check how popular they get.

              -Jonathan

              --- In fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Cheselka"

              Message 6 of 6 , May 11, 2003
                Weds. at 7 or 8 works for me if anyone else is interested.