RE: [fourcornersporcupines] Attn: AZ Porcs

    Message 1 of 10 , May 4, 2003
      Mr. Marshall,

      Thank you for your response.

      No-one ever proposed a special "list" of attendees for the AZ event, and
      none is being kept except on my own Microsoft Outlook contact list. I
      comply with the FSP's policy of complete privacy when it comes to
      contacting and sharing information about the membership.

      As I would like this to be planned and operated as a somewhat
      professional event, I simply cannot make a post to a few dozen lists and
      hope that people show up. Also, I'd rather not flood the current lists
      with posts concerning this event which people (as in the case of this
      list) from NM, UT, and CO could really give a hoot about. On the other
      hand, those who are inclined to just "show up" will be more than welcome
      should they choose to do so.

      In the interest of planning, those who wish to attend in an official
      capacity can contact me directly at either rick@... or at
      (520)903-0500. You confidentiality is assured.

      Mr. Cheselka has already suggested two meetings, one for Northern AZ,
      and one for Southern AZ.

      This may well be the best solution, but like Matt I have other
      responsibilities which will make organizing two such separate events an
      impossibility. I'm committed to organizing one, and since I'm in Tucson
      I'll take the Southern one. If someone from the Phoenix area would like
      to aid in this effort by volunteering to work with me on making this a
      joint North/South statewide event at separate locations, please step up.

      If not, I offer Matt and two others from southern AZ a ride. ;)

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 10 , May 5, 2003
        I'd like to get together with my fellow Porcupines.
        Any time before the 21st of June is fine, I'll be
        travelling after that.

        John

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • maywood2008
        Message 3 of 10 , May 5, 2003
          --- In fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com, "Rick LaPoint"
          <rick@o...> wrote:

          > This may well be the best solution, but like Matt I have other
          > responsibilities which will make organizing two such separate
          > events an impossibility. I'm committed to organizing one, and since
          > I'm in Tucson I'll take the Southern one. If someone from the
          > Phoenix area would like to aid in this effort by volunteering to
          > work with me on making this a joint North/South statewide event at
          > separate locations, please step up.

          If there is anything I've learned since moving to Arizona, it is that
          people in northern Arizona do not want to be blended in with
          Phoenix :-)

          I am spread out pretty thin with LP stuff to volunteer. However, the
          Pima County LP meetings are open to any FSP members who want to make
          a short presentation and pitch. I made the offer to Matt a few months
          ago, but anyone else is welcome to accept it as well.

          I also recommend going to the local objectivist groups. I gave
          Elizabeth the contact info she needed to go to the Boston Objectivist
          meeting a few months back and she was a big hit with them. I know a
          lot of O'ists in Tucson & Phoenix are interested in FSP and
          presentations should be made to these groups as well.

          I'm self-employed and my wife is a hospital worker so we're pretty
          flexible as to where we move. But I have always had a soft place in
          my heart for New Hampshire, and I will probably refuse to move
          anyplace but northern New England. North Dakota is OUT. Delaware is
          OUT.

          David Euchner
          Chairman, Pima County Libertarian Party
          Assistant Treasurer, Arizona Libertarian Party