Re: [arizonaporcupines] Re: Searching for a New Direction

  • Denise Bensusan
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 23, 2006
      Derek,

      Do you have an organized activist group at your college???

      Denise
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 23, 2006
        Just the belief that the IRS and the income tax is unconstitutional
        will NOT get you put into prison. Not paying your taxes will. Many
        people in this country believe that the IRS is unconstitutional and
        wrong, etc., but still they grudgingly pay their taxes because they
        know that they still have to, and they do not want to go to jail.
        The only ones I have seen go to jail are the ones that join these
        full fledged "tax protestor" groups and quit paying taxes.

        Big difference between believing it ain't right and not paying.

        Derek

        --- In arizonaporcupines@yahoogroups.com, "Denise Bensusan"
        <denise.bensusan@f...> wrote:

        > Sandy said: "You've been taken in by a convicted criminal to get
        you to join his
        > organization and in breaking the law. If that is what you want,
        go ahead
        > but if you want to stay out of the pokey you will go another
        direction and
        > work to change the law."
        >
        > Just to clarify...I have not been taken in by ANYONE! I simply
        stated that I have some documents and information that support the
        premise that the IRS is indeed in violation of the Constitution.

        > As with everything.....an individual can interpret issues in
        different ways. Just because someone believes that the IRS is
        unconstitutional does not make them a criminal and does not mean
        they are headed for the pokey. Free speech is still legal...well at
        least for today...LOL

        > Great points however...thanks for sharing them.

        Michael
        > Badnarik will soon see years of federal prison. I have an
        inside source on
        > this information and will share it with you when the last two
        are in prison.
        > Badnarik is very aware of his association with men who have done
        time for
        > extortion and he just walks away from the whole thing. If any
        signs up with
        > these men, you will have a potential criminal problem in the
        near future.
        > Why take a chance? Sign nothing on this subject!!! It is very
        close to
        > coming to a halt. I have warned many LP members to stop
        believing in the
        > tooth fairy.
        >

        > I despise the IRS and I do not work for the federal government.
        I do
        > recognize that sitting around spreading rumors that some stupid
        gold fringe
        > on our flag indicates a problem within the courts is just plan
        stupid silly.
        > The IRS is legal but it doesn't mean the laws can't be changed.
        Simply
        > breaking the law as a disgruntled American will get you into
        prison. I'm
        > tired of warning you people. Change the law legally!!! We
        tried it in 1970
        > when we formed the Liberty Amendment petition that we hoped
        would gather
        > enough signatures to put the whole IRS system before the
        voters. One of the
        > writers of this petition was Harry Browne and the other was
        Oliver Ray Price
        > (my husband) and we had a dozen attorneys go over the legality
        of this
        > petition and it was written and rewritten a dozen times.
        >

        > For 6 months we took this petition all over the state of
        California and the
        > people were disinterested in the action and thought the tax
        system was fine.
        > HHHH
        >
        > You've been taken in by a convicted criminal to get you to join
        his
        > organization and in breaking the law. If that is what you want,
        go ahead
        > but if you want to stay out of the pokey you will go another
        direction and
        > work to change the law.
        >

        > Sandy
      • Derek
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 23, 2006
          No, I do not. And I don't know if it would even be worth it to do it
          at my college. It is extremely small. I attend an acupuncture
          college here in AZ, and there are only about a dozen students in each
          of the 3 classes, so we only have around 36 students. Assuming that
          only 1/4 or so of them would be interested in becoming Libertarians,
          or already are Libertarians, I don't know if it is worth starting. It
          is such a small, specialty school, and it is an accelerated program,
          we barely have time for anything but studies.

          I know I don't have time to run a club. However, of the 3 guys in my
          class, ALL 3 of us do have Libertarian beliefs. We may all even be
          registered as Libertarians. I am a registered Lib but I am not sure
          about the other 2 guys.

          I used to attend a much larger community college, which probably would
          have been a better place to start a Libertarian organization. I
          thought about doing it then, but I was taking so many classes so I
          could get into Acupuncture school that I didn't have time to do it
          then either.

          But I agree, the colleges are great places to recruit. Young minds
          are still usually open, and at a young age, many people have an anti-
          establishment mindset, whereas when people get older, they tend to
          lean much more toward the establishment and status quo.

          If I had to guess what the political leanings of most of my classmates
          were, I would say most either probably don't care or are probably
          liberals or independents. Other than me and one other guy, I don't
          think any of my other classmates are politically active at all.

          How hard is it to start a Libertarian college organization? What do
          you have to do? I know 3 of us are Libertarians. Is that enough to
          make it worth it?

          <denise.bensusan@f...> wrote:

          > Derek,
          >
          > Do you have an organized activist group at your college???
          >

          > Denise
        • Sandra Price
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
            You are quite right. I do not recommend even signing up with these groups
            if you ever want or need a government clearance.

            Sandy

            _____

            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
              Sandy,

              Have you been to the FSP site?

              http://www.freestateproject.org/

              It appears to me that the FSP is oriented toward Libertarianism and does support Libertarian candidates. This group is an FSP group....so I am wondering about your position concerning Libertarianism???

              Mo offense intended of course....

              _____

              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
                Not for a couple of years. What I got involved in was the LP Phoenix group,
                I was told there are two LP groups in Arizona and I was not impressed with
                the one that ran the Arizona primary where Badnarik too the leadership. I
                am interested in getting my freedoms back and would rather not trade them
                for anything. If every member of the LP had voted for their candidates,
                there would have been a greater turnout in 2004. They are not serious! So
                I will go with the Independents. I have a doctor's appointment and will
                check the FSP later on.

                Sandy

                _____