Fw: ...and not a drop to drink

  • Denise Bensusan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2006
      LEGITIMATE OBSERVATIONS.....

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Earl Kemp
      To: Denise Bensusan ; Terry Kemp
      Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 10:10 AM
      Subject: ...and not a drop to drink

      Denise, you will recall my writing you perhaps a week ago about Rhodes'
      "Golden Valley Well #3" at the corner of Ramada and Quartzite in GV.

      Well, for the last three days work on the site has been running around
      16 hours a day. A subcontractor "Lynde" (name probably misspelled from
      memory) of Glendale has the contract on the project. It is apparently
      quite a task involving many different types of specialized vehicles,
      different kinds of drilling rigs, etc.

      Conversations with the crew reveal that this well alone is a $65,000,
      3-month-work contract. The well will be drilled 1,500 feet only. It is
      exactly 2 miles straight down Ramada to Rhodes GVRanch project. (A
      separate subcontractor will lay the pipeline later.) Why they went so
      far afield from the new city is beyond me considering they must own damn
      near every inch of GV by now.

      AND, THIS IS THE ALARMING FRAGMENT OF DATA: GV#3 is *ONE of 32* similar
      wells they have been contracted to dig for Rhodes in Mohave County. ONE
      of 32????

      As in all things Rhodes related, there's not a damned thing a one of us
      can do but bitch...and we are clearly not doing enough of that.

      Doesn't this mean that Mohave will be waterless within the immediately
      foreseeable future?

      Please pass along this rant to the rest of the list because I don't have
      the email addys in usable form from here.

      Sorry to report bad news.

      Best,
      Earl
      earlkemp@...