First amendment concerns

  • Denise Bensusan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2005
      I'm not sure who it was that was talking about the first amendment protections (or lack thereof) and the effect on journalist in general but my son and I have been tearing apart the amendments as part of his home schooling curriculum. In refreshing myself through this process I am reminded of just how in DANGER our first amendment rights (and all the others) are in several areas.

      When you stand back and read the documents it seems glaringly clear to me their intentions. In my view however there doesn't seem to be a lot of impact left to their actual meaning or the protections that they were SUPPOSED to provide. Our government has taken over our freedoms and has defined the same to THEIR liking!

      You must wonder how many Americans are being watched by our corrupt super powers simply because they DO voice an opinion and speak out on issues that concern them. By expanding your mind and reading and researching ANYTHING that might interest you we run the risk of being labeled a traitor to our country. It happens all the time. Journalist and everyday people are SHUT UP at every turn.

      If you don't get on the elite band wagon and stay in line you will be taught a lesson sooner or later. Having said this I believe that we just need to accept that inevitability..that someone will try to shut us up...they will try to stop freedom....they will make life TUFF. We have all now accepted the consequences of PRACTICING our RIGHTS..now we can stay the course in kickin some corrupt government ass simply by gaining and sharing inexhaustible knowledge.

      Lets face it....KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! Our corrupt government knows this and the more they can do to stifle our minds and desire to learn EVERYTHING we can about EVERYTHING the more they can control us.

      My 15 year old son thinks that this link gives a lot of accurate information concerning the first amendment and others.
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/First_amendment

      I am proud to say that the public school system no longer owns my sons mind or body!!!!

      Denise

      Denise Bensusan
      Citizens for Future Generations
      SPEAK OUT ARIZONA
      http://www.frontiernet.net/~denise.bensusan/index.html/

      "War ... should only be declared by the authority
      of the people, whose toils and treasures are to
      support its burdens, instead of the government
      which is to reap its fruits." ~ : James Madison (1751-1836)