RE: [arizonaporcupines] Re: I'm new to this forum

  • Sandra Price
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2005
      Look guys, I have been actively involved in politics since 1950. My entire
      family had been Republicans who demanded a limited government from the D.C.
      right down to the state Capital in California. Even in those early years,
      the more people who immigrated to America demanded government programs to
      take care of them. This was absolutely harmful to people from coast to
      coast. It was obscene for Ike to fight communism by adding "Under God" into
      our pledge of allegiance and it seemed to most of us the first step to tell
      the world that America was a Christian nation. None of us could believe
      that the American people actually accepted this, but many did.

      After WW2, we had millions of non-Christians immigrating to America and
      they were welcomed with open arms by all of us because we felt that our own
      scientific and defense areas of expertise could use an influence of European
      scientists and weapons designers. Sadly our own government schools had
      begun to falter in their quality of academic education and it was just the
      first attempt at dumbing down the children of America. Why would the
      Governors of the states allow this decline of academics to happen?

      When the immigrants put their children in our government schools (Public
      schools) they were horrified at the level of achievement desired from these
      schools. Many private schools had begun to pop up and many of the new
      immigrants poured into them. In California where my family had lived for
      generations, the study of why the schools were lacking in academics was made
      and it came down to ill-prepared teachers who could not keep up with the new
      math and science subjects and they began to rewrite the curriculum to suit
      what they could teach.

      A deeper study showed that with our missile programs coming to a slowdown
      and the wars taking the focus from our local governments who were bidding
      for the big contracts, our world of independent freedoms was beginning to
      decline.

      The key to the success of America is academic education from first grade and
      it seemed to fade out. By the time my own kids were starting to learn about
      the world, it was obvious that our public schools were boring the hell out
      of the kids and many social issues began to surface within the
      neighborhoods. I had been bored in the lower grades and I was sent to a
      private school where I began to catch the thrill of books. I couldn't get
      enough books to read and decided to do the same for my children. We had no
      television in the home but a large selection of books on everything. I
      would read aloud to my kids and then turn that over to the oldest to read to
      the youngest and our world became a theater of all the great books in
      literature that had been written. We spent a couple of years on science
      fiction to broaden their view of t he world.

      Instead of drugs, my kids got into horse and dog breeding and even when in
      highschool took many classes from the community colleges in things like
      agriculture and health studies. There friends simply sat in front of the
      boob tube soaking up ads on things they wanted their parents to buy for
      them.

      We became interested in evolution and how 2 generations of Americans had
      folded up their brains for television shows and cartoons. It is essential
      to become proactive in our lives and take the personal responsibility for
      what we do as well as what we are. My kids are all actively working for
      American freedoms, how to survive without killing the people of other
      countries and how to protect what is left of our freedoms which are being
      squelched by a corrupt form of government.

      We are way ahead of just sitting and whining but we are actively searching
      for leaders who will work to keep the government out of our lives. The
      whole purpose of the FSP was to get out from under an oppressive and
      redundant government.

      So we can be active or not; whatever suits us. I keep a very close eye on
      my state government as well as the federal intrusion into my personal
      decisions and will search for candidates and vote them into office. I do
      know that the bunch we have in Arizona are terrified of working for freedom
      and will do anything suggested by President Bush and will turn Arizona into
      a mud room for the rest of the nation.

      FSP knows the dangers of ignoring their children's education and they are
      working to build the kind of schools they feel are necessary. I did the
      same thing only took a couple of jobs to pay for private schools. It has
      paid off as all the kids are professionals and are helping others to get out
      of the boring routines taught by the homes and schools.

      Sandy

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 17, 2005
        wrote:
        > Look guys, I have been actively involved in politics since 1950.
        My entire
        > family had been Republicans who demanded a limited government from
        the D.C.
        > right down to the state Capital in California. Even in those early
        years,
        > the more people who immigrated to America demanded government
        programs to
        > take care of them. This was absolutely harmful to people from
        coast to
        > coast. It was obscene for Ike to fight communism by adding "Under
        God" into
        > our pledge of allegiance and it seemed to most of us the first step
        to tell
        > the world that America was a Christian nation. None of us could
        believe
        > that the American people actually accepted this, but many did.

        If you read the Constitution carefully (not implying that you have
        not), it is clear that an English speaking person COULD take the
        collective use of language as well as many other explicit statements
        as implying: that each American is to be his/her brother's keeper.
        That is to say, that if one of us is left behind economically (due to
        ANY reason, self inflicted or victimized), the citizens collectively
        must ensure those less fortunate are helped along.

        Section 8 Powers of Congress:
        "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties,
        Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common
        Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties,
        Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."

        This very sentence is vague for sure, but I can come up with all
        kinds of "welfare and defenses" that I "have a right to" based on
        this simple sentence...ones that Congress must consider, especially
        when 51% of voters approve.

        Falling back to the good old days, I argue, means that voters as
        a "united states" must simply be at the whim of the majority voters,
        where each individual is relying on the majority of voters to pass
        laws to ensure our INDIVIDUALIZED needs are met. Even if voters
        tried to erase what has been done and start over with the
        Constitution, voters will simply be setting up America to repeat
        history, more or less.

        > After WW2, we had millions of non-Christians immigrating to
        America and
        > they were welcomed with open arms by all of us because we felt that
        our own
        > scientific and defense areas of expertise could use an influence of
        European
        > scientists and weapons designers. Sadly our own government schools
        had
        > begun to falter in their quality of academic education and it was
        just the
        > first attempt at dumbing down the children of America. Why would
        the
        > Governors of the states allow this decline of academics to happen?

        As if the Governors of the states have expertise on education.
        They're politicians, vote counters, majority supporters.

> [...]
        > agriculture and health studies. There friends simply sat in front
        of the
        > boob tube soaking up ads on things they wanted their parents to buy
        for
        > them.
        >

        > We became interested in evolution and how 2 generations of
        Americans had
        > folded up their brains for television shows and cartoons. It is
        essential
        > to become proactive in our lives and take the personal
        responsibility for
        > what we do as well as what we are. My kids are all actively
        working for
        > American freedoms, how to survive without killing the people of
        other
        > countries and how to protect what is left of our freedoms which are
        being
        > squelched by a corrupt form of government.

        Sounds like you've had an enjoyable experience (and more to come)
        with your children. Congrats and here's to (more to come).

        > We are way ahead of just sitting and whining but we are actively
        searching
        > for leaders who will work to keep the government out of our lives.
        The
        > whole purpose of the FSP was to get out from under an oppressive and
        > redundant government.

        IMO, government cannot be anything other than oppresive, and
        especially redundant if 51% approval is all that is needed in order
        to make decisions for EACH INDIVIDUAL.

        > So we can be active or not; whatever suits us. I keep a very close
        eye on
        > my state government as well as the federal intrusion into my
        personal
        > decisions and will search for candidates and vote them into
        office. I do
        > know that the bunch we have in Arizona are terrified of working for
        freedom
        > and will do anything suggested by President Bush and will turn
        Arizona into
        > a mud room for the rest of the nation.
        >

        > FSP knows the dangers of ignoring their children's education and
        they are
        > working to build the kind of schools they feel are necessary. I
        did the
        > same thing only took a couple of jobs to pay for private schools.
        It has
        > paid off as all the kids are professionals and are helping others
        to get out
        > of the boring routines taught by the homes and schools.
        >

        > Sandy

        We appear to agree on many problems with status quo methods of
        protecting freedoms. However, what about the methods of enhancing
        each Individual's actual freedoms?

        Jack
      • christian peper
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 17, 2005
          for fun I decided to respond: while it is fun to examine small items of the constitution the constitution must be vied as a whole. viewed as whole it is clear that the current welfare police state is an abomination (both to the founders and god). there will come a time when support of the system will be a clear sin. till that time I will grudgely pay taxes. christian peper
> [...]

          > know that the bunch we have in Arizona are terrified of working for
          freedom
          > and will do anything suggested by President Bush and will turn
          Arizona into
          > a mud room for the rest of the nation.
          >

          > FSP knows the dangers of ignoring their children's education and
          they are
          > working to build the kind of schools they feel are necessary. I
          did the
          > same thing only took a couple of jobs to pay for private schools.
          It has
          > paid off as all the kids are professionals and are helping others
          to get out
          > of the boring routines taught by the homes and schools.
          >

          > Sandy

          We appear to agree on many problems with status quo methods of
          protecting freedoms. However, what about the methods of enhancing

        • olehenry1
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 25, 2005
            --- In arizonaporcupines@yahoogroups.com, "christian peper"
            <cbp429@h...> wrote:
            > for fun I decided to respond: while it is fun to examine small
            items >of the constitution the constitution must be vied as a whole.
            viewed >as whole it is clear that the current welfare police state is
            an >abomination (both to the founders and god).

            Hi Christian (meaning Christ follower, correct?)

            Here is Section 8 in its entirety:

            "Section 8 - Powers of Congress

            The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties,
            Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common
            Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties,
            Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
            To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
            To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several
            States, and with the Indian Tribes;
            To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on
            the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
            To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and
            fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
            To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and
            current Coin of the United States;
            To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
            To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for
            limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their
            respective Writings and Discoveries;
            To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
            To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high
            Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
            To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules
            concerning Captures on Land and Water;
            To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that
            Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
            To provide and maintain a Navy;
            To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval
            Forces;
            To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the
            Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
            To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and
            for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of
            the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the
            Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the
            Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
            To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such
            District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of
            particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of
            the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority
            over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the
            State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts,
            Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
            To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying
            into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by
            this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any
            Department or Officer thereof."
            ******

            The so-called "public" has a lot of duties according to this
            document. Very (un)clearly for example, it states that the federal
            government can regulate commerce between the states. I can point out
            a number of abominable Uniformity Acts and numerous commerce laws
            which naturally DID occur with reference to the Constitution.

            What about the two ideas of providing for general welfare and common
            defense? These are not insignificant statements and are not at all
            out of context.

            Why does the Constitution give the so-called "the people" imagined
            authority over a "POST OFFICE AND POST ROADS"? Why do you support
            this tax-dollar enhanced monopoly?

            To promote the progress of sciences and arts...takes money. Where do
            you suppose "the people" are going to get the money? What do you
            suppose it takes in order for "the people" to feel justified in
            confiscating your money? It takes 51%; they add in big guns for
            effect.

            The Constitution is poorly written. The Constitution is prepared and
            ready for interpretation. Once an interpretation is agreed on by 51%
            of voters, VIOLA! you have a new law forced on 100% of voters and
            100% of nonvoters. A new law funded by 100% of voters and nonvoters.

            Attempting to RE-interpret the founding documents is going to get us
            nowhere again and again. Maybe a fun game to play for some,
            frustratingly retarded to me.

            Please offer arguments (using the Constitution or other "legal" docs)
            supporting use of such documents for developing a place in which
            you'd like to live.

            >there will come a time when support of the system will be a clear
            >sin. till that time I >will grudgely pay taxes. christian peper

            Define sin.
            Define system. Every system?
            What will make it clear for you?
            Until this time of clarity, I assume paying taxes would not be
            negative to you.

            Everyone of these words typed above was accomplished while in a
            smiley, joyous disposition. Want you to know that I have nothing but
            warm regard for you. Therefore, this writing is intended to
            encourage a pleasureable investigation into our minds.

            Jack
          • christian peper
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 25, 2005
              My name is Christian, and yes, I am a follower of Christ. christianity has been stolen by the elite, true Christianity is very very socially (but not fiscally) liberal. jeasus would support legal drugs, gay marriage etc. as for the Constitution, yes, it was a bit vague and subject to interpretation like the bible but the overall thrust of it is without a drought very liberal. the the bible is also very freeing and libertarian: living under the law of love and not the written law (see the sermon on the mount). do you know that Jesus baptized with hemp oil? best wishes, chistian
> [...]

              nowhere again and again. Maybe a fun game to play for some,
              frustratingly retarded to me.

              Please offer arguments (using the Constitution or other "legal" docs)
              supporting use of such documents for developing a place in which
              you'd like to live.

              >there will come a time when support of the system will be a clear
              >sin. till that time I >will grudgely pay taxes. christian peper

              Define sin.
              Define system. Every system?
              What will make it clear for you?
              Until this time of clarity, I assume paying taxes would not be
              negative to you.

              Everyone of these words typed above was accomplished while in a
              smiley, joyous disposition. Want you to know that I have nothing but
              warm regard for you. Therefore, this writing is intended to
              encourage a pleasureable investigation into our minds.

              Conservative politics Organizational politics Associates