Re: [fourcornersporcupines] RLC

  • Gold Standard Press
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      I knew Eric Rittberg from the Ron Paul for Pres. campaign in '88 when he decided to form the RLC. It was basically to offset Justin Raimando's non-sense (of which I need not go into details here), with the understanding that the LP was useless.

      The RLC should have been much further along at this point, especially since Ron Paul went back into politics after a brief sebatical. The GOP has the problem of their Platform being based on floating non-sequitors. I think an alternative to the LP is a better idea than rejoining the GOP. They have proven themselves to be absolutely beyond hope. They couldn't give a ratsAss about the Constitution and the spirit upon which it was written. Way more than the average Republican LOVES George Bush. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather be in the General Election as opposed to fighting with that element in the primaries.

      There is hope for the LP, too. Look at what is going on in NH as they prepare for victory at the fsp 5,000-signer level.

      www.lpnh.org

      c.
      Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:22:26 -0600
      From: "Gold Standard Press" <gsp76@...>
      Subject: Re: Favorite state?

      I think the "r's" will reject the libertarians on a wholesale level...
      as history has shown. So what is the point of having to deal with their
      countryClub mentality (soft-sell fascism) and do double electoral
      battles to get elected to a State House? Primaries are VERY expensive
      and draining.

      I am not saying the L's are the answer (although the LPNH is making a
      good cast to the positive), but I would rather see the formation of
      another "alternative" party sporting the libertarian-style platform,
      than have to face dealing with winning a primary, then having the
      "privelege" of facing the voters in the general election.

      The GOP platform, (just as the Dems'), floats on a cloud, whereas the LP
      has its platrorm grounded in principle, enabling us to keep the
      candidates accountable to something firm. So if the Wyoming LP doesn't
      get its act together, y'all liking that state should consider forming
      WIP (Wy Ind. Party) or The Porcupine Party or something.....

      'cause NH is just stealing the fsp thunder!!! ...and honestly,
      eventhough they are doing an amazing job on their own, much of this
      victory will be by default.

      c.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor