Organizing in the four corners region.

  • marihemp1985
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
      We all know that freedom and liberty is at stake in every state in
      the union. The problem is that the free state project is working on
      one state at a time and our states are probably nowhere near being
      the next state to change the laws. I propose that we get started now.
      I propose that we join this group service and join the free state
      project meetup on meetup.com
      I propose that we get started organizing, namely recruiting more
      people to this wonderful organization. I suggest that we as a group
      here in the four states region get started by voting on a important
      law that we want changed and then we can work from there. The law
      that we pick will be the law that we all work our hardest towards
      changing in any and every possible way. please write to me email me
      and let me know what we can all do to effect change as soon as
      possible.
      I would suggest either drug policy reform, education reform, or
      healthcare reform as the first issue that we change the direction.
      Please vote, organize, recruit, decide and lets get moving. I would
      like to see these four corner states be free by the time new
      hampshire is. Hopefully we can work this out by trying to change the
      current situation every day, in any way we can.
    • Eric Mytko
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
        I agree, and I work for drug law reform most every day of my life. How
        about income tax law reform or abolishment as well? I'm curious, though,
        what kind of reforms you might be talking about as far as healthcare, coming
        from a libertarian angle?

        Eric Mytko

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • rogerthat
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
          Agree in principle with the sugesstion. Why not insist that the state governments be governed by their oath of office to support and defend the U.S. and state constitutions.

          Every state in the union is a corportion operating under color of law for profit via statutes, codes, regulations that have no enacting clauses in the respective constitutions. Without an enacting clause the statute is null and void. See Marbury v. Madison.

          Chipping away at one or two unconstitutional statutes is not going to be meaningful. We The People must Demand the government obey their contract with the People, ie, the state and U.S. Constitution.

          We have to look no further than the patriot act to see how far government has gone without holding them accountable to their contract.

          I have travelled the world Eastern Europe, Russia, and China. Without question the USA is the most regulated society I have witnessed.

          Time to demand not politely ask them to modify a few statutes. One state operating as a sovereign republic under the constitution, issuing gold and silver backed currency will snow ball with other states following suit when they see freedom in action.

          The constitution put the federal govt in a 10 square mile box in DC. The people through apathy allowed them out of this box into to the sovereign states.

          The present administration and the incoming one most likely Kerry will lead us further into UN control and the NWO.

          Jim

          .

          marihemp1985 <marihemp1985@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          Click Here

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2004
            I am for a universal health care plan much like canada
            has right now.

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • Eric Mytko
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
              Are you familiar with MSAs, or Medical Savings Accounts? I've just begun
              researching these, and so far I'm intrigued. I don't have any links to
              post, but I will when I think I know what I'm talking about. I like
              universal healthcare as well, as I have come to think of it as a right under
              life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Health is wealth, after all.
              It's just that my libertarian leaning brain doesn't get it yet. If a
              universal healthcare plan was administered by the private sector and had an
              oversight committee or something I think I could go along. It just seems
              like a good idea waiting to be usurped by a bunch of bad men in the current
              social, economic and political climate.

              Eric

              --- Eric Mytko <mytko@...> wrote:
              > I agree, and I work for drug law reform most every
              > day of my life. How
              > about income tax law reform or abolishment as well?
              > I'm curious, though,
              > what kind of reforms you might be talking about as
              > far as healthcare, coming
              > from a libertarian angle?
              >
              > Eric Mytko

              http://photos.yahoo.com/

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Robert Heidt
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
                Universal health care is a fiasco waiting to happen. The health
                care system in Canada, long held up as the "standard" by which all
                health plans are measured, is in terrible shape. Did you know that
                there are more MRI machines per capita south of the border (Mexico and
                South America) than in all of Canada? To get an MRI in Canada, plan on
                waiting anywhere between 12 to 14 weeks. People tend to die before ever
                getting diagnosed (which I guess saves money in the long run).
                In some provinces, 1/3 of their GROSS revenues is going to health
                care coverage, and this does not include the costs of kidney dialysis
                care. If you are over a certain age, your dialysis is no longer
                covered. Sorry about that. Cheap drugs, you say? Only because the
                government subsidizes the purchase of said drugs. So, the people are
                paying again, in the end.
                Off the record, many of Canada's senior officials in their Health
                Care System have conceded that they would travel to Seattle,
                Minneapolis, or Buffalo if they had cancer or heart problems. Not
                exactly a ringing endorsement for the standard in Universal Health care,
                is it?
                Removing the profit motive (the free market) stifles innovation,
                both in the development of medical procedures and new "miracle" drugs.
                Invariably, the newest procedures, drugs, and research come out of the
                money grubbing private sector.
                Universal health care? I'll pass, thank you.

                Bob