Re: [fourcornersporcupines] Open Letter to Free Staters and Freedom Activists - long

  • Gary Shumway
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
      >From: "Richard McKnight" <whiteknight1974@...>
      >To: fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [fourcornersporcupines] Open Letter to Free Staters and
      >Freedom Activists - long
      >Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:20:53 -0700
      >
      > >Open Letter to Free Staters and Freedom Activists
      >
      >We must hang together or we will surely hang separately.
      >
      >You can whitewash this all you want, but I still regard this as a stab in
      >the back. Chances for success were already low and now the chance for
      >success of the original FSP is cut by 50%. I'm not thrilled with NH
      >either,
      >but I'm willing to go if the cause gains enough support (the 20,000 members
      >that I have pledged to) and it gives me even a small chance of making a
      >difference.
      >
      >Rich McKnight

      Rich,
      Your points are well taken but will you please show me where in Fran's email
      he proposed that those who had pledged to go to NH forsake that pledge and
      go to WY instead? If someone opts out, that means they CHOOSE not to be
      affiliated, which in turn connotes they are free to associate with whom and
      where they wish.
      It'll be OK. Take two aspirin and continue your fight for freedom!
      If you feel so strongly about it then go to NH now. I too took the pledge
      to go NH (third choice vote and didn't opt out) thus I am a glass eater as
      I'd really rather go to WY (my first choice). Regardless, if I can't make a
      decent living in either place (NH then WY) then I'd leave both. I can't
      politic effectively while standing in a soup line. Of course, I can go to
      WY until there are 20K pledged for NH (just as, apparently, you're going to
      stay where you are until then).
      In the mean time...fight the good fight.
      Gary Shumway

      Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free
      parking. http://shopping.msn.com