Re: [fourcornersporcupines] Open Letter to Free Staters and Freedom Activists - long

  • Gary Shumway
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
      >I would encourage those in the NH FSP to suck it up. Whining about a
      >Wyoming
      >group or character attacks on those who support it will not help your cause
      >in any way. While you may be steamed, try to look at the positives. I
      >encourage you to offer an olive branch to Boston, to encourage those
      >unwilling to live in NH to consider Wyoming and to lend moral support to
      >each other during this difficult time. Neither project will be easy. Save
      >all your energy for a fight you can win. Don't give the media or
      >non-believers any indication that we are incapable of even getting along
      >with each other. If we can't learn to tolerate the differences of opinion
      >amongst ourselves, what chance do we have of influencing the political
      >opinion of a state?
      >
      >Fran Tully
      >State Chair
      >LP Utah
      >ftully@...

      Hear hear Fran.
      This infighting is playing into the hands of the very real opponents...why
      can't we humans (my group is better than your group) understand that?
      Gary Shumway

      Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list? MSN Shopping has lined up some
      good bets! http://shopping.msn.com
    • Gary Shumway
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
        >From: "Richard McKnight" <whiteknight1974@...>
        >To: fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [fourcornersporcupines] Open Letter to Free Staters and
        >Freedom Activists - long
        >Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:20:53 -0700
        >
        > >Open Letter to Free Staters and Freedom Activists
        >
        >We must hang together or we will surely hang separately.
        >
        >You can whitewash this all you want, but I still regard this as a stab in
        >the back. Chances for success were already low and now the chance for
        >success of the original FSP is cut by 50%. I'm not thrilled with NH
        >either,
        >but I'm willing to go if the cause gains enough support (the 20,000 members
        >that I have pledged to) and it gives me even a small chance of making a
        >difference.
        >
        >Rich McKnight

        Rich,
        Your points are well taken but will you please show me where in Fran's email
        he proposed that those who had pledged to go to NH forsake that pledge and
        go to WY instead? If someone opts out, that means they CHOOSE not to be
        affiliated, which in turn connotes they are free to associate with whom and
        where they wish.
        It'll be OK. Take two aspirin and continue your fight for freedom!
        If you feel so strongly about it then go to NH now. I too took the pledge
        to go NH (third choice vote and didn't opt out) thus I am a glass eater as
        I'd really rather go to WY (my first choice). Regardless, if I can't make a
        decent living in either place (NH then WY) then I'd leave both. I can't
        politic effectively while standing in a soup line. Of course, I can go to
        WY until there are 20K pledged for NH (just as, apparently, you're going to
        stay where you are until then).
        In the mean time...fight the good fight.
        Gary Shumway

        Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free
        parking. http://shopping.msn.com