Re: [fourcornersporcupines] Favorite state?

  • Gold Standard Press
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
      I think the "r's" will reject the libertarians on a wholesale level... as history has shown. So what is the point of having to deal with their countryClub mentality (soft-sell fascism) and do double electoral battles to get elected to a State House? Primaries are VERY expensive and draining.

      I am not saying the L's are the answer (although the LPNH is making a good cast to the positive), but I would rather see the formation of another "alternative" party sporting the libertarian-style platform, than have to face dealing with winning a primary, then having the "privelege" of facing the voters in the general election.

      The GOP platform, (just as the Dems'), floats on a cloud, whereas the LP has its platrorm grounded in principle, enabling us to keep the candidates accountable to something firm. So if the Wyoming LP doesn't get its act together, y'all liking that state should consider forming WIP (Wy Ind. Party) or The Porcupine Party or something.....

      'cause NH is just stealing the fsp thunder!!! ...and honestly, eventhough they are doing an amazing job on their own, much of this victory will be by default.

      c.

      Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:02:15 -0600
      From: "Gold Standard Press" <gsp76@...>
      Subject: Re: Favorite state?

      Jeremy:

      Where the heck is the WY LP? :>)

      I think with its small population, it could be a viable option, but
      where is the basis for political activism there?

      c.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor