Re: [fourcornersporcupines] October Resistance Dates

  • Craig Wright
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2003
      So the question is... how can someone that is a member of a libertarian
      group be against globalization? Maybe I'm misled, but it seems that a
      globalized economy is simply a consequence of believing in the free
      market.

      -Craig.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2003
        Ahhh, good point... I'd tend to agree, except for the fact that most
        attendees are government finance ministers and the like. Even if it were
        100% private sector attendance, they would be plotting to use government
        force to manipulate trade.

        IMO they are fair targets for libertarian scrutiny.

        So the question is... how can someone that is a member of a libertarian
        group be against globalization? Maybe I'm misled, but it seems that a
        globalized economy is simply a consequence of believing in the free
        market.

        -Craig.

        On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 05:37 PM, Kate wrote:

        > October 11th, 2003 – 3:00 – 5:0pm - ASU Law School Room 105 -
        > McAllister
        > & Orange
        > Globalization and Its Discontents:
        > >From the WTO in Cancun to the FTAA in Miami
        > Luis Fernandez, Sue Hilderbran, and Geoff Boyce
        > Activists present in Cancun for the WTO meetings
        >
        > The World Trade Organization (WTO) recently met with failure in Cancun
        > as it attempted to open up agricultural markets across the world.
        > Activists from all over the globe (including farmers from Mexico,
        > Brazil,
        > and Korea, as well as activists from Italy, U.S., and Australia)
        turned
        > out to protest corporate globalization and to disrupt the WTO meeting.
        > By the time the meetings ended, one activist was dead, and a group of
        > poor nations stood in solidarity against the riches nations of the
        > world.
        > Come hear local activists from Arizona provide an inside view of the
        > WTO protests. They will present a slide show and screen an Indymedia
        > film entitled Kilometer 0. For further information contact
        > socmove@....  <www.localtoglobaljustice.org>

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Kate
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
          All,
          I think Rick brings up a good point, there. Also, that was one date among many. Just went to a meeting of the Tucson Copwatch and have to say I was pleased to see the work down there.

          So, what are some of the things people are planning on doing when they get to NH?
          ~ Kate*

          "Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's minds and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead."
          --Arundhati Roy

          Message: 4