To all you crackpots

  • ftully
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2003
      Just a nice message that I wanted to pass on. - FT

      A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends
      of a pole which he carried across his neck. One pot had a crack in it, while
      the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

      At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot
      arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the
      bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his house.

      Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for
      which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own
      imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what
      it had been made to do.

      After 2 years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the
      water bearer one day by the stream... "I am ashamed of myself, because this
      crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house."

      The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers
      only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's
      because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on
      your side of the path. Every day while we walk back, you've watered them.
      For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate
      the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this
      beauty to grace the house."

      Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But
      it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so
      very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what
      they are, and look for the good in them.

      Blessings to all my crackpot friends and relatives.