Re: [fourcornersporcupines] Re: 101 reasons why FSP should choose NH

  • kattmann
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 19 11:43 PM
      Yes,,the cost of living in the eastern USA is high, so are most wages,
      but there is a valid point to picking a western state vs the eastern
      state, Us as a whole can make a rather large impact on any of the
      western states chosen, as far as impact to schools and available
      housing. Setting up shop there could be fun and or interesting as it
      would any state tho, we could start a new trailer park,,hahaha or even a
      cooperative type farm or some type of light industry to support several
      members or even large groups could be supported in this manner. But we
      do not want to seperate our selves from the rest of the communities that
      we move to. We want to be a part of it and then slowly take over so to
      speak. Just a few thoughts and or idea's. Truck farm type green houses
      are a good thing too.

      SB TRIANON wrote:

      > Hello fellow porcupines, Not once in this report do you mention cost
      > of purchasing a house, nor property tax percentages. I would think
      > this a very important decision making factor. Also the northeast is
      > notoriously DEMOCRAT, ie let the government take care of me. Whereas
      > I believe the west is made up of more hardworking responsible (take
      > care of family, neighbors etc.) I could be wrong, but being from
      > Mass. I have an aversion to the east coast. You mention having 2
      > neighboring states to convince people to join FSP, out west you would
      > have 5!!!!! also without Teddy Kennedy Mass. democratic whiners!, so
      > no you have not convinced me yet to change my mind, but you have
      > brought up some very convincing arguments!..ie: seat belts, liab.
      > ins., helmets etc. Thank you, Sincerely, Stephanie Bell

      [click here]

    • Gary Shumway
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 20 10:34 AM
        Just a couple of points from my perspective:
        We aren't going to go in and take over. Take over connotes that you are
        making decisions for people and controlling their lives. If anything we're
        going in in an effort to set people free...now some may not like that -
        those with their hands out, and they will fight to continue to make the tax
        payer subservient...we'll have to deal with that.
        I've spent 26 years in the computer industry. I'm not going to move to a
        state where the only job I can get is being a truck farmer. Absolutely
        nothing against farmers but I think my greatest value lies in continuing in
        my current profession. Wasn't it the Viet Cong who took all the white
        collar people and put them on farms and many died? Note the first word of
        FSP, one has the freedom to decide what they want to do and if I can't get
        reasonable employment in the Free State then I don't believe I am obligated
        to stay. Otherwise I've lost the freedom to choose and have impacted my,
        and my family's, future. That I will not do.
        For reasons that are, in part, in my best interest, I think New Hampshire is
        the best choice. One would be foolish to vote for a state in which their
        best interests were not addressed. Obviously choosing a state is not just
        about the Project...though important. I suspect it can be argued that any
        of the 10 states would be OK, or why are they on the list?
        My 3c.
        Gary Shumway

      • kattmann
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 20 7:08 PM
          Well, I am sorry if you took it as an agressive act, but we have to be
          agressive to get the sheeple away from the herd, our aganda is to free
          the state, we must have some major control to change anything, the
          hard-liners on both sides of the asile are going to prevent or take the
          punch out of any legislation we put forth in any of the states we have
          chosen. we must have a voting majority in our favor to get our free
          state agenda/plan working. Major corporations that operate in those
          states may have some control that would be detramental to our cause.
          Freedom isn't cheap or easy to get and keep and sacrifices must be made
          on our part to acheive our goal of a "free state", you said you worked
          in the computer feild,,so we can use that greatly needed skill, I have
          many years experience operation and managing mainframe systems for the
          military. and am presently a disabled veteran, so I would be better
          suited as a teacher of my skills verses using or appling these skills
          for any great length of time, and I did suggest we get into a high-tech
          business, but for some of our group who do not posess these
          skills,,there are other jobs they could do, we have so many options open
          to us, mine were just suggestions as to how our members could survive in
          such a major move as this, members with good incomes can afford to
          donate funds to our effort is my point to this. please except my
          statements as pure suggestions not as the way to do it. I am not an
          expert just experienced in alot of different area's..thanks....Rick

          [click here]

        • Gary Shumway
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 21 7:51 AM
            Aggressive act? Don't know I ever said that. It's just the words, "take
            over" raises the hair on the back of my neck. To me it means someone else
            is going to control my life. I'll grant you it may be more personal then
            factual but none the less I think we should not use that phrasology. After
            all, if we instigate a free state that connotes others becoming free and
            taking control of their lives, thus "take over" is not appropriate. I think
            the remainder of my previous post agreed with most of what you stated.
            Please don't take it as being hostile...just what I intend to do for me. I
            think my post agreed with yours as to having road blocks in our way in
            creating a free state. It won't be a cake walk.
            Yes, if others want to start a cooperative farming or light industrial
            enterprise then have at it. Society obviously needs both (farmers & light
            industry)...and teachers, operators and managers of mainframe systems, and
            even programmers. %< ;=)
            Gary